Registered Nurse – Icon Cancer Centre Hobart, TAS
- Develop your Oncology Nursing Career within a Highly Innovative, Patient-Focused and Rapidly Expanding International Cancer Treatment Group
- Join a Friendly & Supportive Multi-Disciplinary Team and Provide Exemplary Nursing and Patient Support
- Competitive REM + 5 Weeks Annual Leave (Pro Rata) + PD Allowance + Salary Sacrifice Options
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 800 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 22 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide opportunities within an ideal environment to develop your experience and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We have exciting new opportunities for Registered Nurses to join our integrated centre in Hobart on a permanent basis, working rostered hours between 8am – 6pm, Monday to Friday (we are flexible on part or full time hours to suit your needs). This position will report to the Nurse Unit Manager/Site Manager and will focus on the delivery of exceptional personalised cancer care to patients and their families.
- Demonstrating a satisfactory knowledge and skill base to deliver evidence based, safe practice within the oncology setting.
- Providing a physical and psychological environment for patients in their care that promotes safety, security and optimal health.
- Communicating effectively with patients/families/carers and colleagues and documenting relevant information.
- Anticipating and responding to the needs of the oncology patient and effectively managing their care.
- Understanding and practicing within own scope of practice.
- Demonstrating behaviours and attitudes that are consistent with Icon Group’s Vision and Values.
About the person we’re going to hire:
To ensure our integrated cancer centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking a candidate who consistently demonstrates values aligned to those of the organisation, flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude. The successful applicant will be required to work across both medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology disciplines. Experience in IV cannulation, knowledge of chemotherapy and supportive therapies is preferred but not essential.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Licence to practice as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Minimum 2 years acute nursing experience
- Competency in chemotherapy administration
- Cannulation and central venous access device skills
- radiation oncology nursing experience
- Post graduate oncology nursing qualification or working towards
- Member of relevant professional bodies (e.g. CNSA, COSA)
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.