Registered Nurse – Icon Cancer Centre Mulgrave
We are looking for a Casual RN to join our nursing team providing nursing support to our Radiotherapy patients at our centre within Mulgrave Private Hospital (and further shifts across our other Melbourne sites to cover leave across the year).
Why do we think you might like this opportunity?
- Weekdays Only: Our centre hours are Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm. Keep your nights and weekends free!
- We’re a small team that supports each other in everything we do!
- Great Hourly Rate!
- Casual Role – Average of 2 full day shifts per week with extra shifts to cover leave across our Mulgrave, Moreland and Holmesglen centres
Whilst Radiation Oncology / Medical Oncology experience is highly favourable, we also encourage applicants with experience/skills in high acuity settings, immunocompromised patient care, wound management and palliative care.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 1000 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 22 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Learn more about the services we offer at Icon Cancer Centre Mulgrave: https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/mulgrave/
About the Role:
This RN role is responsible for providing nursing care to patients receiving Radiotherapy and will report to the Nurse Manager. The role involves consultation style regular appointment reviews with patients receiving treatment.
The Nursing role has a great level of autonomy, while still working within a close and supportive team. It is a greatly rewarding role which provides great opportunities to build positive rapports with our patients.
The role of a Registered Nurse at Icon is invaluable, through clinically assessing, providing education, supporting patients with physical side effects, emotional support and referrals to allied health.
- Patient assessment, observation and education including expert management of treatment related side effects
- Contribute expert advice and demonstrate contemporary nursing knowledge and skill in oncology nursing practice in accordance with current legislation and professional standards and codes of practice
- Support the Nurse Manager in the day to day operations
- Support a high performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach
About the person we’re going to hire:
To ensure our integrated cancer centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking a candidate who consistently demonstrates values aligned to those of the organisation, flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Current AHPRA registration.
- Knowledge and experience in Radiation Oncology or Day Oncology nursing is highly favourable.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care.
- Experience in a high acuity setting.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously and positively as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.