- Full-time Reliever Pharmacist – Epic Pharmacy Toowoomba
- A great opportunity to further develop skills in hospital, clinical and oncology pharmacy services
- Interact with a network of different teams
- Work for a growing company with great benefits and incentives
- Training provided, setting you up for success
We are looking for a Relieving Pharmacist to join us in a full-time capacity to deliver optimum patient-centred pharmaceutical at our Epic Pharmacy Toowoomba sites. You will gain the chance to upskill your experience in hospital, oncology and clinical pharmacy services.
Are you currently working for a high volume, discount chemist retailer and looking for your chance to further diversify your career into hospital pharmacy?
You’ll have the opportunity to upskill by working in specialised areas such as clinical pharmacy, oncology, IVF and both sterile and non-sterile compounding, and you’ll be supported by a leader who is deeply committed to creating learning pathways and development opportunities for all individuals within the team.
You will be based at an Epic Pharmacy site within our hospital network in Toowoomba to cover short notice leave while developing new skills and knowledge across our range of specialties. We have pharmacies at St Andrews Private and St Vincent’s Private Hospitals.
In this role, you’ll:
- Conduct medication chart reviews and medication reconciliation
- Dispense and supply medication and pharmacy products
- Coordinate patient medication requirements for inpatient stay, day infusions and discharge
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service to clients and patients
- Support patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
- Educate and advise staff and customers on health promotion, disease prevention, drug selection and the proper use of medicines
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and structured training provided
- Annual Mileage Allowance (paid fortnightly)
- Reliever Incentive Allowance
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Discounts on major retail brands via Icon’s corporate partners
- Access to paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Current AHPRA registered pharmacist with previous experience in an Australian based pharmacy
- Strong knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Strong time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Flexible and adaptable to work within diverse teams in multiple sites
- Ready to embrace change and commit to lifelong learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Valid drivers licence and access to your own transport is required for this role
- Minimum 1 year of dispensing experience in an Australian based hospital or community pharmacy
COVID Health Requirement In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.