- Permanent full-time Reliever Pharmacist Slade Pharmacy network across Melbourne
- A great opportunity to further develop skills in hospital, clinical and oncology pharmacy services
- Interact with a network of different teams
- Work for a growing company with great benefits and incentives
- Training provided, setting you up for success
Looking for a company with opportunities to grow and progress?
Want to be part of a connected, successful team who truly care about you?
We are looking for a full time Reliever Pharmacist to join our Slade Pharmacy network, working onsite with our specialty hospital and clinical teams across a diverse range of hospital pharmacies in Melbourne.
At Slade, you will work with forward thinking multidisciplinary teams of connected, caring people to deliver exceptional pharmacy services for our client hospitals and their patients.
Are you currently working for a high volume, discount chemist retailer and looking for your chance to further diversify your career into hospital pharmacy? You’ll have the opportunity to upskill by working in specialised areas such as clinical pharmacy, oncology, IVF and both sterile and non-sterile compounding, and you’ll be supported by a leader who is deeply committed to creating learning pathways and development opportunities for all individuals within the team.
The reliever role will see you working at our sites located in the east and south east of Melbourne to cover periods of pharmacist leave while developing new skills and knowledge across our range of specialties.
In this role, you’ll:
- Conduct medication chart reviews and medication reconciliation
- Dispense and supply medication and medication profiles
- Coordinate patient medication requirements for inpatient stay, day infusions and discharge
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service to clients and patients
- Support patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
- Educate and advise staff and customers on health promotion, disease prevention, drug selection and the proper use of medicines
Slade Pharmacy integrates hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across NSW, Victoria and Queensland. We have a strong track record of technological innovation and are a lead provider of medication management services.
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and structured training provided
- Annual Mileage Allowance (paid fortnightly)
- Reliever Incentive Allowance
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Discounts on major retail brands via Icon’s corporate partners
- Access to paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Current AHPRA registered pharmacist with previous experience in an Australian based pharmacy
- Strong knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Strong time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Flexible and adaptable to work within diverse teams in multiple sites
- Ready to embrace change and commit to lifelong learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Valid drivers licence and access to your own transport is required for this role
- Minimum 2 years of dispensing experience in an Australian based hospital or community pharmacy
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.