Senior Radiation Therapist - Icon Cancer Centre Mildura VIC
- Develop your Career within a Highly Innovative, Patient-Focussed, Rapidly Expanding Company
- Deliver Exceptional Patient Care with Cutting-Edge Technology and Therapy Techniques
- Permanent Full Time Position, 76 hour 9-day Fortnight – Mildura, VIC Location
We can offer relocation assistance for the right candidate, along with excellent remuneration, 5 weeks Annual Leave, PD Allowance, and the unique opportunity to assist with the preparation of a brand new centre (a highly valuable experience for persons with leadership aspirations at Icon!).
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we’d love to get you involved as soon as possible; drop us an application or reach out and we’ll be in touch
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 800 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6-day oncology hospitals, 22 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia and the world. With a global quality governance model, our clinical services are supported by expert practice units that develop and drive improvements in care, technology, and outcomes.
Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities, and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care. With numerous internal education and training opportunities covering professional, technical, and leadership domains alongside a very generous professional development allowance, the role could be a launchpad to a fast-tracked, successful career.
About the Role:
We are seeking a full time Senior Radiation Therapist to join a newly formed team as we prepare to open Mildura’s first dedicated Radiation Oncology service. The primary purpose of this role will be to provide high quality radiation therapy planning and treatment as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist. This role reports to the Radiation Therapy Manager and operates on a 9-day fortnight. This role presents a unique opportunity to assist with the preparation of a brand new service, an experience that would be highly advantageous for future leadership roles.
- Assist the Radiation Therapy Manager in providing effective leadership of the RT team in their unit.
- Provide high-quality, safe, patient-centred clinical radiation therapy planning and treatment delivery services that complies with all relevant safety and quality standards
- Ensure training and support services are effectively provided to the Radiation Therapists and act as a technical resource to colleagues.
- Apply effective resource and workflow management strategies to optimise quality, efficiency, and productivity.
- Exhibit strong decision-making abilities.
- Support change management initiatives and implement related processes.
- Assist in the support, orientation, education and mentoring of radiation therapists and students rostered to the unit.
- Support a high-performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach.
About the people we’re going to hire:
Icon is committed to providing exemplary patient care and radiation therapy services to the community. Our dynamic and innovative teams collaborate closely to maintain a team focus on providing cutting edge radiation therapy techniques. We are looking for candidates who are highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated leadership qualities evident with capacity to lead small teams under guidance.
- Proven technical proficiency in radiation therapy treatment planning and delivery.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills that inspire the trust and confidence required to build strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and a commitment to, delivery of high-quality radiation therapy services including awareness of national quality standards relevant to the service
- Understanding of the service delivery model within the private healthcare sector.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop, implement, monitor and report on clinical protocols and adherence.
- Demonstrable capacity to work effectively and positively both independently, and as a member of the Multidisciplinary team.
- Strong patient focus.
- Current AHPRA radiation therapist registration with Victorian Radiation Use Licence.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
For more information about the role, feel free to get in touch with Icon Cancer Centre Mildura Site Manager, Anita Erlandsen: email@example.com
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.