With a significant history in cancer research spanning more than 25 years, Icon has been an active contributor in a number of milestone trials that have seen significant advancements in cancer treatments.
- Contributed to the ground-breaking trial that developed a gold standard of treatment for the use of Herceptin in HER2-positive breast cancer cases
- TRANSFORM – the world’s largest trial of its kind, which found that stereotactic radiation therapy for metastatic prostate cancer can delay treatment progression for more than two years – changing the standard of care for men with advanced prostate cancer across the world
- SHRINC – a radiation oncology investigator-initiated trial assessing the use of stereotactic hypofractionated radiation therapy for multiple (3-10) cerebral metastases
- COVID-19 self-administered testing study – the first study in Australia to explore the feasibility and efficacy of COVID-19 self-testing in a cancer population
- LIBERATE – an Australian-first clinical registry which aims to provide proof of concept on the use of focal brachytherapy for men with prostate cancer