Administration Officer – Canberra, ACT
- Supportive and Collaborative Team
- Full-Time Permanent Position – Bruce, ACT Location
- Expand Your Career in a Progressive Far Reaching Organisation
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity available for an Administration Officer to join the team at our centre in Canberra on a full-time basis (Working Monday to Friday 8-5.15pm) Reporting to the Administration Manager, this role will be responsible for the delivery of administrative services providing exceptional customer service to all patients, their carers', other external clients as well as your colleagues.
- Welcoming patients, collecting and entering personal details
- Scheduling appointments
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries
- Entering and processing patient billing and balancing daily banking
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients
- Maintaining and managing patient information
About the person we're going to hire:
We are looking for an experienced Administration Officer with experience in the healthcare industry and outstanding customer service to join our team. We are looking for someone who is proactive, personable and enthusiastic about the role.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role within the Healthcare industry
- Experience with Medicare DVA and Private Health
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate with clarity both verbally (face-to-face and telephone) and written
- Ability to use computer systems – competence required in Word and Excel
- Delivery of excellent client service (to internal and/or external clients)
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. A covering letter and resume must be attached