Administration Assistant, Medical Typing Service – South Brisbane
- Opportunity to Work with Leaders in Cancer Care
- Supportive and Collaborative Team Environment
- Permanent Part-Time Position (60 hours/fortnight) – South Brisbane, QLD Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia.
About the Role:
We have an exciting permanent part-time opportunity (60hours/fortnight; Monday to Friday; 6 hours per day) for an Administration Assistant to join the team at Head Office located in South Brisbane. Reporting to the Health Information Manager, this role will be responsible for ensuring medical correspondence is completed according to the individual requirements of our medical practitioners and is sent to intended recipients in a timely manner. In this role you will also work closely with the Medicolegal Officer to assist in the copying of clinical documentation for release to third parties; and assist with administrative functions in the medical records management team.
- Daily support to the Medical Typing Service
- Sorting, checking and distribution of medical correspondence to recipients via the appropriate means
- Printing electronic and photocopying hard copy medical record documents in preparation for release to third parties
About the person we're going to hire:
We are looking for an Administration Assistant with experience in the healthcare industry and use of medical computer systems, and outstanding customer service skills to join our team. Someone who is proactive, personable and enthusiastic about the role.
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to learn quickly and use Windows-based medical practice software
- Previous administrative experience, preferably in a health care setting
- Attention to detail and analytical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Able to plan, coordinate and organise workloads effectively to achieve quality outcomes in a timely manner
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
How to Apply:
If you are enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about a support role in healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.