Administration Manager – Greenslopes, QLD
- Work for One of Australia’s Largest Private Cancer Care Providers
- Opportunity to manage both Medical and Radiation Oncology practices
- Friendly and Dynamic Team Environment
- Permanent Full-Time Employment Opportunity – Greenslopes, QLD
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We are seeking an Administration Manager to join our innovative and dynamic team. Based in Greenslopes at the Greenslopes Private Hospital, this role reports to the Site Manager and is responsible for leading our administration team. This role requires close coordination with all our disciplines and is a varied role which includes team management, billing, data entry and auditing, rostering, site maintenance, training and development and oversight over all other daily activities. This role will operate in a full-time capacity, working 76 hours per fortnight working 5 days a week Monday to Friday (between the hours of 7am and 9 Pm).
- Offer a warm, safe and supportive environment for both staff and patients
- Support and lead the administration team through daily tasks and responsibilities
- Audit and evaluate current practices and workflow to ensure compliance and best practice
- Meet organisational KPIs and targets for the administration team
- Exhibit effective communication skills with all staff, patients and carers
- Establish strong working relationship with the Site Manager, VMOs and staff
- Build positive relationships with other/hospital departments and the wider professional community
- Assist in recruitment of administration staff and subsequent training and skill development
- Rostering of the administration team to fit workload
- Facilitate succession planning within the administration department by fostering leadership development and identifying gaps in skill
- Implement practice changes and quality improvements seamlessly within the team
About the person we're going to hire:
Icon is committed to providing exemplary patient care to the community. To be successful in this role, you require to be highly motivated with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. You will be required to take on an integral role in the management of day-to-day administration activities and may be expected to offer occasional assistance across all current and future sites. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience supervising and leading teams in a health environment
- Experience and knowledge of the private health fund claiming process
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and successful development of long term relationships with external and internal customers
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of all patient billings i.e. Medicare, DVA and private patients (desirable)
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in a health care setting (desirable)
- Qualification or training in management and leading teams (desirable)
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. A covering letter and resume must be attached.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.