Administration Officer – Windsor Gardens Adelaide
- Reputable High Quality Healthcare Service Provider
- Friendly and Dynamic Team Environment
- Permanent Full-Time or Permanent Part-Time Position – Windsor Gardens, Adelaide SA Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We have an opportunity for an Administration Officer to join our team located at Icon Cancer Centre, Windsor Gardens. This is a permanent position operating between the hours of 8am and 6.30pm, Monday - Friday. The overall purpose of this position is to provide efficient, effective and responsive administration services; ensuring delivery of exceptional standards to customer service for patients, Visiting Medical Officers, Nurses and all other internal and external Contacts. This position will report to the Administration Manager and will see you caring for patients across medical oncology and radiation oncology to ensure the delivery of exceptional personalised cancer care.
- Welcoming patients, collecting and entering personal details
- Scheduling appointments
- Triaging referrals to Radiation & Medical Oncologists
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries
- Entering and processing patient billing and balancing daily banking
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients
- Maintaining and managing patient information
- Supporting Icon’s WHS Officers and committees to effectively carry out their responsibilities
- Modelling and promoting Icon’s vision and values.
About the people we’re going to hire:
To enable our Windsor Gardens Cancer Centre to provide patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors an exceptional experience, we are seeking someone who will be highly motivated with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. We are looking for candidates who are flexible, proactive, personable and enthusiastic about the role.
Skills & Experience:
- 2 years’ customer service experience, preferably in medical reception and/or hospital inpatient services.
- Preferred experience with Medicare, DVA and Private Health billing
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a team environment and plan, coordinate and organise workloads to achieve quality patient service outcomes in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication and collaborative problem solving skills when managing difficult and sensitive issues with team members, patient and their families, VMO’s and other customers.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to establish successful customer relationships with team members, patients, doctors and other customers by ensuing needs and expectations are understood and managed in a timely and effective manger thereby enhancing clinics services.
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast paced environment and are passionate about providing quality patient care, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. A covering letter and resume must also be attached.