Administration Officer / Medical Reception – Icon Cancer Centre Rockingham, WA
This is an opportunity to join a community that truly holds human connections close to heart. We work with purpose at a fast pace, and we genuinely appreciate that all contributions make an impact. Our work is always important and not always easy, and we know the secret ingredient is our incredible, supportive people.
Key Points – The Opportunity
- Exciting Opportunity to Join Dynamic Team Delivering Advanced Cancer Treatment
- Be Part of a Values Driven Organisation who Nurtures and Empowers our People
- Permanent Full-Time & Part-Time Positions Available, Monday to Friday.
- Join a Rapidly Growing Centre, Providing the Latest Oncology & Haematology Care, Rockingham, WA
Our vision is to deliver the best care possible, to as many people as possible, as close to home as possible. A true team makes that happen. If you are looking to apply your medical administration skills and patient rapport ability, we’d love to hear from you.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
An opportunity exists within our Cancer Care and Treatment Centre in Rockingham for two Medical Administration Officers to join the team. Due to expansion, we have openings for full-time and part-time positions, providing administration, secretarial and reception support for our Oncology and Haematology treatment departments. You will be responsible for patient admissions and discharge, ensuring accurate appointments are booked, patients are billed correctly, and paperwork processed accurately and in a timely fashion. These roles will report to the Administration Manager, working Monday to Friday shifts during our standard daytime business hours.
- Welcoming patients, collecting and entering personal details
- Scheduling appointments
- Triaging referrals to Radiation & Medical Oncologist
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries
- Entering and processing patient billing and balancing daily banking
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients
- Maintaining and managing patient information
- Possessing basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Possessing basic knowledge of Medicare and DVA claims
- Supporting Icon’s WHS Officers and committees to effectively carry out their responsibilities
- Modelling and promoting Icon’s vision and values.
About the person we're going to hire:
We are looking for an Administration Officer with relevant experience in the healthcare industry and outstanding customer service to join our team - someone who is proactive, personable and enthusiastic about the role.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Administration Officer Skills & Experience:
- 3 years relevant professional hospital or day procedure centre reception experience including the use of electronic practice management systems
- Experience with Windows (or similar) programs e.g. Email, Word
- Broad understanding of medical reception and radiation oncology or hospital inpatient services including health insurance funding
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a team environment and plan, coordinate and organise workloads to achieve quality patient service outcomes in a timely manner
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication and collaborative problem-solving skills when managing difficult and sensitive issues with team members, patients, their families, doctors and other customers
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as a team member, supporting the Icon values to achieve the Vision and Mission of Icon
- Ability to establish successful customer relationships with team members, patients, doctors and other customers by ensuring needs and expectations are understood and managed in a timely and effective manner thereby enhancing clinical services
- Ongoing development of skills and knowledge by participating in training and development programs to ensure competence to meet operational needs, achieve strategic goals and engage team members in their work
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.