Administration Officers – Bowen Icon Cancer Centre, Crofton Downs, Wellington
This is an opportunity to join a community that truly holds human connections close to heart. We work with purpose at a fast pace, and we genuinely appreciate that all contributions make an impact. Our work is always important and not always easy, and we know the secret ingredient is our incredible, supportive people.
Key Points – The Opportunity
- Fast Paced Medical Administration Role within a Friendly and Supportive Team
- Competitive Remuneration
- 2 x Permanent Full-Time Positions, Monday to Friday (No Weekends)
- Fulfilling, Meaningful Working Experience – Bowen Hospital Precinct, Crofton Downs, Wellington
About the Role:
We have an opportunity for two Administration Officers to join the team at our Bowen Icon Cancer Centre. The overall purpose of this position is to provide high quality patient care and be the first point of call for Icon Cancer Centre clients. Reporting to the Administration Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of administrative services providing exceptional customer service to all patients, their carers', other external clients as well as your colleagues. This is a permanent full-time role, Monday to Friday.
- Welcoming patients, collecting and entering personal details.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries.
- Entering and processing patient billing.
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients.
- Maintaining and managing patient information.
- Supporting Bowen Icon's WHS Officers and committees to effectively carry out their responsibilities.
- Modelling and promoting Bowen Icon's vision and values.
About the person we're going to hire:
To ensure our centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors; we are seeking candidates who not only meet the technical criteria of the role, but who also consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and in addition, possess a flexible and a 'can-do' attitude. If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about providing exceptional patient care, we want to hear from you.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role in Day Hospital environment desirable.
- Ability to work within a large team in a fast and efficient manner.
- Experience with patient billing processes.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate with clarity both verbally (face-to-face and telephone) and written.
- Ability to use computer systems – competence required in Word and Excel.
- Delivery of excellent client service (to internal and/or external clients).
- Possessing basic knowledge of medical terminology.
The Integrated Cancer Centre in Wellington is a combined Radiation and Medical Oncology centre offering truly comprehensive cancer care. It provides services across our health care companies:
Icon centres are a combination of day oncology hospitals that deliver chemotherapy and treatment for blood disorders, radiation oncology centres and comprehensive centres that bring both day oncology and radiation therapy under one roof.
Evolution Healthcare, owner of NZ’ s Acurity Health Group Ltd, is a leader in healthcare services across Australia and New Zealand. Our focus is on improving the management of private healthcare facilities by attracting and training the best talent, partnering with medical professionals and healthcare providers to offer patients excellence in healthcare. In New Zealand Evolution owns Wakefield, Bowen and Royston Hospitals and is joint venture owner of Grace Hospital.
We are driven by our values and in return we offer our teams a friendly and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits, and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. We love reading cover letters, so feel free to attach one along with your Resume/CV.