Administration Team Leader – South Brisbane, QLD
- Friendly and Dynamic Team Environment
- Supportive and Collaborative Team
- Part-Time Permanent Position (48 hours/fortnight)– South Brisbane Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for an Administration Team Leader to join our South Brisbane team located in our Icon Cancer Centre within the Mater precinct. The overall purpose of this position is to support the Administration Manager to lead an administration team in providing an efficient, effective and responsive administration service to Patients, Visiting Medical Officers, Nurses, and all other internal and external contacts, ensuring exceptional standards of customer service. This role reports to the Administration Manager and operates on a 48 hours per fortnight part-time capacity. Shifts are rostered between the hours of 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
- Collaborating with the Administration Manager to ensure timely and coordinated patient appointment times and effective reception services
- Provide supervision and oversight of the Administration team
- Provide support or relieve in other roles within the team as required to ensure effective an efficient services for patients
- Processing and interpretation of Health Fund Validations
- Ensure accurate cash, cheque and credit payments are received and processed daily and balanced at end of day
- Understanding of medicare guidelines for accurate referral management and item number rulings
- Understanding of MBS Item numbers relevant to day hospital and medical billing
- Competent on Excel, Word and Outlook
- Providing a high level of customer service by ensuring the appropriate delivery of services to patients and their families
- Encourage participatory team approach to service delivery seeking input and feedback from team members
- Liaise with patients and their families in a friendly and compassionate manner
We are looking for an experienced Administration Team member with outstanding presentation and customer service skills to join our team. We are also looking for someone who is proactive, personable and enthusiastic about the role and has the ability to consistently demonstrate the Icon Values, lead the team by role modelling a commitment to outstanding customer service and a credible work ethic. If you are currently work in a hospital or community Administrative Team Leaders role, we’d love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in a day hospital and medical reception service delivery model
- Prior experience in leading a team as an Administration Team Leader
- Demonstrated understanding of Health Fund validation, billing and contracts
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a team environment and plan, coordinate and organise workloads to achieve quality patient service outcomes in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Prior knowledge and experience in training and development programs ensuring adequate skill levels are maintained to meet operational needs, achieve strategic goals and engage team members
- Proven ability to establish successful customer relationships with patients, doctors and other stakeholders by ensuring needs and expectations are understood and managed in a timely and effective manner
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. A cover letter and resume must be attached.