Administration Team Leader – Icon Cancer Centre Greenslopes
This is an opportunity to join a community that truly holds human connections close to heart. We work with purpose at a fast pace, and we genuinely appreciate that all contributions make an impact. Our work is always important and not always easy, and we know the secret ingredient is our incredible, supportive people.
- Lead Medical Administrators at our Radiation Oncology Treatment Centre
- Champion our Friendly and Supportive Environment, for both Staff and Patients
- Competitive Remuneration, Development & Progression Opportunities
- Permanent, Full-Time (Monday to Friday) – Greenslopes, Queensland
Our vision is to deliver the best care possible, to as many people as possible, as close to home as possible. A true team makes that happen.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for an Administration Team Leader to join our Greenslopes team located in our Icon Cancer Centre within Greenslopes Private Hospital. The overall purpose of this position is to support the Administration Manager to lead an administration team in providing an efficient, effective and responsive administration service to Patients, Visiting Medical Officers, Nurses, and all other internal and external contacts, ensuring exceptional standards of customer service. This role reports to the Administration Manager and operates in a full-time capacity, during our standard Monday to Friday business hours.
Learn more about Icon Cancer Centre Greenslopes - https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/greenslopes/
- Collaborating with the Administration Manager to ensure timely and coordinated patient appointment times and effective reception services.
- Provide supervision and oversight of the Administration team.
- Provide support or relieve in other roles within the team as required to ensure effective and efficient services for patients.
- Processing and interpretation of Health Fund Validations.
- Ensure accurate cash, cheque and credit payments are received and processed daily and balanced at end of day.
- Understanding of Medicare guidelines for accurate referral management and item number rulings.
- Understanding of MBS Item numbers relevant to day hospital and medical billing.
- Competent on Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Providing a high level of customer service by ensuring the appropriate delivery of services to patients and their families.
- Encourage participatory team approach to service delivery seeking input and feedback from team members.
- Liaise with patients and their families in a friendly and compassionate manner.
About the person we’re going to hire:
We are looking for an experienced Administration Team leader with outstanding presentation and customer service skills to join our team. We are also looking for someone who is proactive, personable and enthusiastic about the role and has the ability to consistently demonstrate the Icon Values, lead the team by role modelling a commitment to outstanding customer service and a credible work ethic.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in a day hospital and medical reception service delivery model.
- Prior experience in leading a team as an Administration Team Leader (desirable).
- Demonstrated understanding of Health Fund validation, billing and contracts.
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a team environment and plan, coordinate and organise workloads to achieve quality patient service outcomes in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Prior knowledge and experience in training and development programs ensuring adequate skill levels are maintained to meet operational needs, achieve strategic goals and engage team members.
- Proven ability to establish successful customer relationships with patients, doctors and other stakeholders by ensuring needs and expectations are understood and managed in a timely and effective manner.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.