Backend Developer (Azure Cloud) – Icon Group, South Brisbane (Head Office), Qld
Key Points – The Opportunity
- Competitive Remuneration + Supportive Team in an Open Plan Office
- Develop a Variety of Server-Side Solutions for a Global Organisation
- Join a Rapidly Expanding Company with Career Advancement Opportunities
- Permanent Full Time Position, 38 Hours per week, Monday to Friday, Flexibility of Hours, South Brisbane, QLD
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider and has expanded globally into Singapore, Mainland China, Hong Kong and New Zealand. The Group is built on a strong but simple vision – to deliver the best care possible, to as many people as possible, as close to home as possible.
We bring together all aspects of quality cancer care, including medical oncology, radiation oncology, haematology, pharmacy and chemotherapy compounding to deliver a true end-to-end seamless service for cancer patients internationally. This care is delivered by a strong, experienced and passionate multidisciplinary team with a common focus to deliver the best care possible.
About the role:
The Icon group maintains a broad internal development capability to deliver new features and products. This role is a core delivery role that will be responsible for implementing functionality on our existing and emerging software product family. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled computer programmer who specialises in back-end programming. They will be responsible for developing and designing data architectures, micro services, workflows, and orchestration amongst other back-end responsibilities. Implementation of security, identity and auditing across a heterogeneous environment will be key elements of the role.
This is an opportunity to work on a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail. The successful candidate will have the ability to proactively engage in the design process and communicate with other stakeholders in both written and oral formats. We are looking for an individual with a desire to become part of a team with a long-term goal across multiple products in the fast moving and socially responsible sector.
The back-end developer is responsible ensuring the quality of the underlying architecture upon which the system is built, and as such is recognised as a key role for the future.
The Primary Responsibilities of this role are:
- Designing and implementing microservices, databases and other cloud-based functionality.
- Ensuring digital solutions are developed in accordance with secure-by-design principles.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Maintaining and creating environment scripts to automate deployments etc.
- Develop and test across multiple (relevant) browsers, platforms and devices (where possible) to ensure functioning as expected. Unit Testing, Integration Testing, and any practice that improves the Quality of the system.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs by planning, scoping and working on technical specifications and recommendations where required.
- Working with Business Analysts to understand and best implement solutions.
- Staying abreast of developments in cloud architectures and programming languages.
- Diploma or university degree in information technology, engineering or related area or equivalent experience.
- Industry certifications related to development and process, especially agile and DevOps, and the Microsoft technology stack.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, and .Net.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB.
- Strong development experience with .NET, C#, ASP.NET, Azure and SQL Server in an n-tier architecture.
- Solution Design Patterns and Best Practices, e.g. SOA.
- Experience with design and implementation of RESTful Web Services and Modern Web APIs.
- Advanced knowledge in Object-Oriented Design and programming concepts.
- Knowledge of secure-by-design development principles (e.g. OWASP).
- Knowledge of systems architecture patterns (such as component-based development, Microservices, etc).
- Good understanding and use of HTML5, CSS3 and Java.
- Experience in building cloud applications (both SaaS and PaaS).
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies.
If you meet the above criteria and want to join a successful and supportive team, please apply below by clicking ‘Apply Now’.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.