- Casual clinical pharmacist at Epic Pharmacy, Warragul
- Grow and progress your career into hospital pharmacy and use your clinical skills to improve patient health outcomes
- Great company benefits
We have an opportunity for a casual pharmacist to join our Epic Pharmacy team based onsite at the West Gippsland Hospital. This is an exciting opportunity to further enhance your career in an ever-evolving multidisciplinary team environment. We are a forward-thinking team, seizing opportunities for change, growth and improvement in patient outcomes.
Work with an expert team of local staff and doctors to provide clinical pharmacy services across a variety of settings, including General Medical, General Surgical, Maternity/Paediatric, Geriatric Evaluation and Management and Oncology within the public hospital.
Warragul is conveniently located and is approximately 60 minutes’ drive to many recreational activities ranging from the Melbourne CBD, Victorian snowfields and Victoria’s beaches.
- Prepare Best Possible Medication History lists for hospital inpatients
- Conduct medication chart reviews and medication reconciliation
- Dispense and supply medication and pharmacy products
- Coordinate patient medication requirements for inpatient stay, day infusions and discharge
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service to clients and patients
- Support patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
- Educate and advise staff and customers on health promotion, disease prevention, drug selection and the proper use of medicines
About Epic Pharmacy:
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading pharmacy providers. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions and pharmacy services for public and private hospitals and our Icon Cancer Centres across Australia.
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
We are seeking a highly driven and team-oriented pharmacist who can deliver a high standard of customer service with sensitivity, compassion, and professionalism. You will have high attention to detail and strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- Be a current AHPRA registered pharmacist with previous experience in an Australian based pharmacy
- Strong knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Have time management, communication, and teamwork skills
- Be flexible and adaptable working with a diverse team
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Previous dispensing/clinical experience in an Australian based hospital or community pharmacy
If you are interested, please click apply now and attach your resume to your application and tell us why you’d like to join our team!
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.