Casual Pharmacist - Slade Pharmacy Epworth Freemason's Hospital at Albert St and Victoria Parade
Are you a pharmacist wanting to deliver unique patient services?
Want to grow with a connected, successful team who care?
At Icon. You Can.
We are looking for a part-time Pharmacist to join our supportive and collaborative teams located onsite in the Epworth Freemasons Private Hospital in Albert Street & Victoria Parade, East Melbourne, you will provide clinical pharmacy services to inpatients, ensuring that all pharmacy activities are completed to a high standard while supporting the quality use of medicines.
This is an exciting opportunity to further enhance your career in an ever-evolving multidisciplinary team environment and work with private patients. We are a forward-thinking team, seizing opportunities for change, growth and improvement in patient outcomes. Gain the chance to further diversify your career in pharmacy and be exposed to a variety of multidisciplinary services including hospital and compounding.
….and the staff are supportive and super friendly and fun to work with!
In this role, you’ll:
- Be efficient and effective at dispensing and distribution of medication
- Provide efficient clinical pharmacy services
- Conduct medication history interviews, medication reconciliation and discharge summaries at transfers of care
- Provide medication counselling & education to patients
- Work cooperatively and effectively with multidisciplinary teams and provide advice in regard to patient care
- Monitor the accuracy of prescriptions dispensed by pharmacy technicians
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service to clients and patients
- Contribute to training and educational sessions for pharmacy, nursing, medical staff and allied health professionals
- Assist to oversee imprest services and continuity of medication supply
Slade Pharmacy integrates hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across NSW, Victoria and Queensland. We have a strong track record of technological innovation and are a lead provider of medication management services.
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
A career with us brings you:
Purpose, at Pace
We know that as a pharmacist, you’ll want to improve the quality of life for as many people as you can – and you’ll achieve that here. This can be a busy role and there’s always plenty to do. But we never lose sight of the importance of what we do, every single day.
Impact, at Scale
Through your attention to detail and ability to individualise customer service and care, you’ll help countless people in your local community and beyond. Working with us you’ll know that your contribution goes further - Icon Group delivers 2.5 million patient interactions, in 120 places, in 5 countries.
Connection, at Heart
You’ll be working alongside a dedicated team who are committed to outcomes. Structured training and support will be provided for you to succeed.
Opportunity, at Hand
We’re growing and evolving every day - so the sky really is the limit on where you can go with us. Whether it’s professional development, a promotion, or a move to a whole new area, there are so many chances to grow. Just put up your hand.
Put simply, At Icon. You Can.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about joining our team and delivering modern, patient-focused pharmacy services.
- Be a current AHPRA registered pharmacist with previous experience in an Australian based pharmacy
- Strong knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Be flexible and adaptable working with a diverse team
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously and multi-task
- Minimum 2 years of dispensing experience in an Australian based hospital or community pharmacy
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.