- Supportive and Collaborative Team
- Casual Position – Wahroonga, NSW Location
About the Role:
We are seeking a Registered Nurse, on a casual adhoc, to join our innovative and dynamic team located within the Integrated Cancer Centre, Sydney Adventist Hospital (Wahroonga). This role is responsible for providing radiation oncology nursing care to patients and will report to the Nurse Manager. The role involves consultation style appointments and reviews with patients, which creates a level of autonomy (while working within a team), providing great opportunities to build positive rapports with our patients. The role of a Registered Nurse at Icon is invaluable, through clinically assessing, providing education, supporting patients with physical side effects, emotional support and referrals to allied health. Typical hours are Monday to Friday, 7:45am to 5:15pm. Weekends or change in regular hours may arise when servicing or addition patient treatment is required.
- Contribute expert advice and demonstrate contemporary nursing knowledge and skill in oncology nursing practice in accordance with current legislation and professional standards and codes of practice
- Support the Nurse Manager in the day to day operations
- Support a high performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach
About the people we’re going to hire:
Icon Group is committed to providing exemplary patient care and radiation therapy services to the community. We are looking for candidates who are highly enthusiastic, with a kind and caring nature, who are motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment.
Skills & Experience:
- Hold current registration with AHPRA
- Recent experience in oncology nursing is favourable, however not compulsory.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care
- Have a good understanding of the service delivery model within the public/private healthcare sector
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Radiotherapy experience desirable but not essential
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of ICON, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.