Charge Radiation Therapist - Icon Cancer Centre, Canberra, ACT
Key Points – The Opportunity
- Develop your RT Career within a Highly Innovative, Research-Focussed, Rapidly Expanding Company.
- Competitive Remuneration + Excellent Yearly Professional Development Allowance
- Deliver Exceptional Patient Care with Cutting-Edge Technology and Therapy Techniques.
- Permanent Full Time Position, Canberra, Bruce, ACT
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into Asia and New Zealand. With over 700 employees, our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres, integrating medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy, offering a uniquely comprehensive suite of services for cancer patients.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Charge Radiation Therapist to join our innovative and dynamic team at our comprehensive Cancer Centre in Canberra. This position will operate on a full time basis, working 76 hours per fortnight, Monday to Friday (9 day fortnight). Reporting to the Radiation Therapy Manager (Clinical Lead), you will provide high quality radiation therapy planning and treatment as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist.
Icon Canberra is located within the Health Precinct of the University of Canberra Campus. Our integrated site delivers Radiation oncology, Medical oncology, haematology and pharmacy to deliver a true end-to-end service for patients.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to Radiation Therapists to fulfil their responsibilities.
- Support the Clinical Lead RT in the day to day operational management of a planning or treatment unit.
- To act as a technical resource and provide leadership to junior staff.
- Apply knowledge and experience to make timely and accurate technical decisions.
- Support change management initiatives and implement related processes.
- Ensure adherence to department protocols and procedures to deliver a safe and efficient service with exceptional patient care.
- Provide recommendations for service quality improvements to the Clinical Lead RT.
- Support a high performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach.
- Promote and support education, research and professional development to the Radiation Therapist team.
- Support the orientation of new staff and manage the supervision and instruction of students, interns and radiation therapists.
About the person we're going to hire:
To ensure our Cancer Centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors; we are seeking candidates who consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and in addition, flexibility and a 'can-do' attitude. We are looking for someone who is highly enthusiastic, a team player, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive and growing environment. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience as a team leader with strong people skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care
- Demonstrable capacity to work effectively and positively as a member of the Multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of high quality radiation therapy services.
- Strong understanding of the service delivery models within the public and private healthcare sectors.
- Proven technical proficiency in treatment planning and delivery.
- Current AHPRA Radiation Therapist Registration
- Current ACT Radiation Licence
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. We love reading cover letters, so feel free to attach one along with your Resume/CV.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.