Charge Radiation Therapist - Icon Cancer Centre Rockingham, WA
- Develop your RT Career within a Highly Innovative, Patient-Focussed, Rapidly Expanding Company
- Deliver High Quality Radiation Therapy Planning and Treatment Services to the Local Community, utilising Varian Truebeam Technology.
- Provide Exceptional Patient Care with Cutting-Edge Technology and Therapy Techniques (SGRT, Stereotactic)
- Competitive Remuneration - Permanent, Full Time Position, Rockingham, WA.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into Asia and New Zealand. With over 700 employees, our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres, integrating medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy, offering a uniquely comprehensive suite of services for cancer patients.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Charge Level Radiation Therapist to join our innovative and dynamic team at Icon Cancer Centre Rockingham, located within the South Metropolitan Health region in Western Australia. The primary purpose of the position is to provide and perform high quality, safe, patient centred clinical radiation therapy planning and treatment as prescribed by a Radiation Oncologist. This is the next step into clinical leadership, leading the local team and deputising for the Clinical Lead Radiotherapist, and will be a full-time position (76 hours per fortnight) on a permanent contract. Hours of work are between the hours of 6AM and 6PM Monday to Friday.
- Provide effective leadership and management to the Radiation Therapist team.
- Deliver high quality radiation therapy treatment and planning services for patients.
- Apply effective resource and workflow management strategies to optimise quality, efficiency and productivity through a patient centric and collaborative approach.
- Active involvement and leadership in developing the local radiation therapy service.
- Liaise with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure patient needs are met in a timely manner.
- Exhibit strong decision-making abilities.
- Be involved in initiatives and implementation of new technology to deliver training.
About the person we're going to hire:
Icon is committed to providing exemplary patient care and radiation therapy services to the community. Our dynamic and innovative teams collaborate closely to maintain a team focus on providing cutting edge radiation therapy techniques and treatment. We are looking for candidates with leadership experience who are highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care.
- Demonstrable leadership capacity to work effectively and positively as a senior member of the Multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of high-quality radiation therapy services.
- Apply effective communication and interpersonal skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to identify new quality improvement opportunities, implement and ensure adherence to clinical protocols.
- Valid General Registration with AHPRA as a radiation therapist.
- Current Western Australian Radiation License to use a radiation source.
- Adequate professional indemnity insurance as required by AHPRA.
- Experience with Eclipse planning treatment system.
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader. If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. We love reading cover letters, so feel free to attach one along with your Resume/CV.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.