We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Charge Radiation Therapist to join our team at the Icon Cancer Centre in Cairns. The primary purpose of this role is to provide advanced level clinical expertise to ensure delivery of high-quality radiation therapy.
With the ability to work across two radiation oncology centres in Cairns; the soon to be operational world-class Private centre, and the established Cairns Hospital Liz Plummer Cancer Care Centre, this is a very exciting role for an experienced leader in radiation therapy. Our systems will include two newly installed TrueBeam linear accelerators with an expanding Stereotactic program and advanced IGRT, a brand new Halcyon with SGRT and comprehensive stereotactic capability, a Siemens Somatom CT and Siemens Biograph CT, and Eclipse TPS, to deliver exceptional care in an inpatient and outpatient setting.
Our Radiation Therapy team is expanding to deliver additional services in Cairns and the Charge Radiation Therapist will be heavily involved with implementation and training of staff using these exciting new technologies. This position will contribute towards developing and upholding a high-performance culture that is in alignment with our vision and values. Based in Cairns, this is a permanent full-time position, working within the hours of 6am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
Cairns is a beautiful tropical location, where the rainforest meets the reef. There are plenty of local attractions to explore, or just relax and enjoy the sunshine. Direct domestic flights to most capital cities make it such an accessible place to live. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
- Provide effective leadership, management, training and clinical advice to the Radiation Therapist team, supporting Multidisciplinary Team decisions.
- Establish and maintain the highest standards and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience.
- Apply effective resource and workflow management strategies to optimise quality and efficiency.
- Exhibit strong decision-making abilities.
- Ensure the operational and administrative functions that relate to the relevant unit, including staffing and equipment management, are undertaken in an effective, efficient manner.
- Provide recommendations for service quality improvements to the Site Manager.
- Strong understanding of the service delivery models within the private and public healthcare sectors.
- Experience as a team leader with strong people skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to delivery of high-quality radiation therapy services.
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor and report on clinical protocols and adherence.
- Apply effective communication skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to identify new quality improvement opportunities, implement and ensure adherence to clinical protocols.
- Current AHPRA radiation therapist registration.
- Current Radiation Health license to use a radiation source.
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about providing quality patient care, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader. Please apply by clicking on the Apply link, including your resume and cover letter.
For further details or to discuss this opportunity, please contact Brock Ditton, Icon Cancer Centre Site Manager Brock.Ditton@icon.team or 07 4036 5203.
Please note that submissions via recruitment agencies are unable to be considered.