Clinical Lead Radiation Therapist - Icon Cancer Centre, Canberra ACT
Key Points – The Opportunity
- Develop your Career within a Highly Innovative, Research-Focused Company
- Deliver Exceptional Patient Care with Cutting-Edge Technology and Therapy Techniques.
- Excellent Yearly Professional Development Allowance.
- Permanent Full Time Position, 9-day Fortnight
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into Asia and New Zealand. With over 700 employees, our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres, integrating medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy, offering a uniquely comprehensive suite of services for cancer patients.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We are seeking a full time Clinical Lead Radiation Therapist to join our team in Canberra, ACT. The primary purpose of this role will be to manage and provide leadership to the Radiation Therapist team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the unit’s operation and will require an ongoing commitment to the provision of technical supervision and support for all on-site Radiation Therapists. The role operates in a full-time capacity, working 76 hours per fortnight over a 9-day fortnight.
- Provide effective leadership and management to the Radiation Therapist team.
- Establish and maintain the highest standards and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience.
- Ensure suitable training and support services are effectively provided to the Radiation Therapists.
- Apply effective resource and workflow management strategies to optimise quality and efficiency and productivity.
- Exhibit strong decision-making abilities.
- Maintain good working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Support change management initiatives and implement related processes.
- Ensure the operational and administrative functions that relate to the relevant unit, including staffing and equipment management, are undertaken in an effective, efficient manner.
- Provide recommendations for service quality improvements to the Site Manager.
- Participate in national level meetings and working groups as required, acting as the Radiation Therapy spokesperson for the site.
- Support a high-performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach.
About the people we’re going to hire:
Icon is committed to providing exemplary patient care and radiation therapy services to the community. Our dynamic and innovative teams collaborate closely to maintain a team focus on providing cutting edge radiation therapy techniques. We are looking for candidates who are highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong understanding of effective oncology-based service delivery models.
- Demonstrable capacity to work effectively and positively as a member of the Multidisciplinary team.
- Proven technical proficiency in treatment planning and delivery.
- Excellent clinical knowledge with the management of Radiation Oncology patients.
- Experience as a team leader with exceptional people skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to delivery of high-quality radiation therapy services.
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor, and report on clinical protocols and adherence.
- Apply effective communication skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to identify new quality improvement opportunities and implement and ensure adherence to clinical protocols.
- Current AHPRA radiation therapist registration with ACT Radiation User Licence.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.