Clinical Nurse – Icon Cancer Care Centre South Brisbane
- Progressive Organisation with Far Reaching Opportunities
- Work in a Team Environment with Educational Support.
- Full-Time Permanent Position – South Brisbane Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6-day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide opportunities within an ideal environment to develop your experience, and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Clinical Nurse to join our team located at the Icon Cancer Centre South Brisbane (located in the Mater Precinct). This position's primary purpose is to provide high quality medical oncology and haematology nursing care to patients. The Clinical Nurse is able to function in more complex clinical situations while providing support and direction to Registered Nurses. This role will report to the Nurse Manager and operates at a full-time capacity (between 7AM and 7.30PM Monday to Friday).
- Contribute expert advice and demonstrate contemporary nursing knowledge and skill in oncology nursing practice in accordance with current legislation and professional standards and codes of practice
- Demonstrate an advanced level of clinical knowledge and skills relating to oncology and general oncology.
- Work in accordance with Icon workflow management strategies to optimise quality and efficiency and productivity
- Supervise and facilitate clinical development, nurse capability and enhance knowledge
- Understand and adhere to relevant policies and procedures relating to the position
- Support the Nurse Manager in the day to day operations
- Act on all reported incidents, hazards and maintenance issues to ensure corrective action is undertaken immediately
- Exhibit effective communication to all staff, patients and their carers
- Support a high performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach
About the person we're going to hire:
Icon Cancer Centres are committed to providing exemplary patient care and to the community. Our dynamic and innovative teams collaborate closely to maintain a team focus on medical oncology and haematology nursing. We are looking for a candidate who is highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Hold current registration with AHPRA
- Recent experience in medical oncology nursing is highly favourable
- Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care
- Have a good understanding of the service delivery model within the public/private healthcare sector
- Demonstrate the capacity to work effectively and positively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of high quality patient care and service.
- Adhere to protocols and procedures
- Apply effective communication and interpersonal skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders
- Effectively complete all duties and tasks asked of you by the Nurse Manager
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below a covering letter and resume must be attached.