Clinical Nurse – Icon Cancer Centre Windsor Gardens
- Develop your Oncology Nursing Career within a Highly Innovative, Patient-Focused and Rapidly Expanding International Cancer Treatment Group.
- Highly Competitive Remuneration + Attractive Professional Development Allowance
- Permanent Full Time Role, Monday-Friday Shifts Only – Windsor Gardens
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
Want to learn more about Icon Cancer Centre Windsor Gardens and take a virtual tour? Come have a look - https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/windsor-gardens/
About the role:
We have a new opportunity for a Clinical Nurse to join our team at our Icon Cancer Centre in Windsor Gardens. Reporting to the Nurse Manager, the overall description of this role is to provide high quality nursing support for our oncology patients.
- Provide exceptional cancer care to our patients and their families
- Deliver an unparalleled patient experience
- Manage and coordinate the administration of chemotherapy and supportive care treatments in a busy day hospital environment
- Support and encourage the development of less experienced nursing staff
- Provide leadership and support to the nursing team
- Promote clinical excellence with an emphasis on safe and high quality nursing practice
- Support implementation of new systems, therapies and clinical trials.
- Actively motivate others and maintain an environment of continuous quality improvement.
We are looking for an experienced oncology Clinical Nurse, looking for a fresh challenge and to enhance their existing skills in a very supportive and friendly environment. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Skills and Experience:
To join our team, you should meet the following requirements:
- Current nursing registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Oncology Nursing
- Chemotherapy competent with advanced level clinical knowledge and skills in managing haematology and oncology patients
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Post-graduate oncology nursing qualification
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.