Want to deliver a comprehensive pharmacy service to a hospital that cares for private patients? Want to develop your career in pharmacy with a growing company?
At Icon. You Can.
We have a permanent full-time opportunity for a clinical pharmacist to join our dynamic team at Epic Pharmacy at the Mater Hospital in Pimlico. You will provide clinical pharmacy services to inpatients and outpatients, ensuring that all pharmacy activities are completed to a high standard while supporting the quality use of medicines.
This is an exciting opportunity to further enhance your career in an ever-evolving multidisciplinary team environment and work with both public and private patients. We are a forward-thinking team, seizing opportunities for change, growth and improvement in patient outcomes.
In this role, you’ll:
- Provide efficient clinical pharmacy services to a clinical area
- Conduct medication history interviews, medication reconciliation and pharmaceutical reviews at transfers of care
- Be efficient and effective dispensing and distribution of medication
- Conduct, therapeutic drug monitoring, monitor medication outcomes and adverse drug reaction management
- Provide medication counselling & education to patients
- Work cooperatively and effectively with multidisciplinary teams and provide advice in regard to patient care
- Contribute to training and educational sessions for pharmacy, nursing, medical staff and allied health professionals
- Support the quality use of medicines by participating in projects, audits, working groups or committees as required
- Consider financial implications of medication use in hospital and for patients obtaining the medicines in the community
- Contribute to on-call and weekend services
The pharmacy provides both inpatient and outpatient services. You will be an integral member of the multi-disciplinary team, providing expert clinical services to inpatients and hospital staff. Every day is different and you will be working in a supportive and collaborative environment with a team dedicated to providing the best possible care for their patients.
About Epic Pharmacy:
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading pharmacy providers. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions and pharmacy services for public and private hospitals and our Icon Cancer Centres across Australia.
A career with us brings you:
Purpose, at Pace
We know that as a pharmacist, you’ll want to improve the quality of life for as many people as you can – and you’ll achieve that here. This can be a busy role and there’s always plenty to do. But we never lose sight of the importance of what we do, every single day.
Impact, at Scale
Through your attention to detail and ability to individualise customer service and care, you’ll help countless people in your local community and beyond. Working with us you’ll know that your contribution goes further - Icon Group delivers 2.5 million patient interactions, in 120 places, in 5 countries.
Connection, at Heart
You’ll be working alongside a dedicated team who are committed to outcomes. Structured training and support will be provided for you to succeed.
Opportunity, at Hand
We’re growing and evolving every day - so the sky really is the limit on where you can go with us. Whether it’s professional development, a promotion, or a move to a whole new area, there are so many chances to grow. Just put up your hand.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Time in lieu offered for weekend roster
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking an AHPRA registered pharmacist with experience working in an Australian based pharmacy. You will have high attention to detail, strong time management and high level interpersonal and communication skills.
We are considering community/retail pharmacists looking to take the next step in their career and join a well-established hospital pharmacy OR current 2022 Intern Pharmacists to finish their hours and become a registered pharmacist with us.
- Previous dispensing experience in an Australian based hospital (preferred) or community pharmacy
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.