Want to deliver a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to a hospital? Want to work for a growing company?
At Icon. You Can.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity to join our collaborative team as a Clinical Pharmacist at the West Gippsland Hospital in Warragul. Delivering optimum patient centred pharmaceutical care, you will be required to work a nine-day fortnight, Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm. There is an expectation of occasional Saturday/Public Holiday and some on-call work (all training provided).
Work with an expert team of local staff and doctors to provide clinical pharmacy services across a variety of settings, including General Medical, General Surgical, Maternity/Paediatric, Geriatric Evaluation and Management and Oncology within the public hospital.
Warragul is conveniently located and is approximately 60 minutes’ drive to many recreational activities ranging from the Melbourne CBD, Victorian snowfields and Victoria’s beaches.
- Prepare Best Possible Medication History lists for hospital inpatients
- Conduct medication chart reviews and medication reconciliation
- Dispense and supply medication and pharmacy products
- Coordinate patient medication requirements for inpatient stay, day infusions and discharge
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service to clients and patients
- Support patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
- Educate and advise staff and customers on health promotion, disease prevention, drug selection and the proper use of medicines
About Epic Pharmacy:
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading pharmacy providers. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions and pharmacy services for public and private hospitals and our Icon Cancer Centres across Australia.
A career with us brings you:
Purpose, at Pace
We know that as a pharmacist, you’ll want to improve the quality of life for as many people as you can – and you’ll achieve that here. This can be a busy role and there’s always plenty to do. But we never lose sight of the importance of what we do, every single day.
Impact, at Scale
Through your attention to detail and ability to individualise customer service and care, you’ll help countless people in your local community and beyond. Working with us you’ll know that your contribution goes further - Icon Group delivers 2.5 million patient interactions, in 120 places, in 5countries.
Connection, at Heart
You’ll be working alongside a dedicated team who are committed to improving patient outcomes. Structured training and support will be provided for you to succeed.
Opportunity, at Hand
We’re growing and evolving every day - so the sky really is the limit on where you can go with us. Whether it’s professional development, a promotion, or a move to a whole new area, there are so many chances to grow. Just put up your hand.
- Fortnightly rostered day off.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a highly driven and team-oriented pharmacist who can deliver a high standard of customer service with sensitivity, compassion, and professionalism. You will have high attention to detail and strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- Be a current AHPRA registered pharmacist with previous experience in an Australian based pharmacy
- Strong knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Have time management, communication, and teamwork skills
- Be flexible and adaptable working with a diverse team
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Previous dispensing/clinical experience in an Australian based hospital or community pharmacy
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.