Why choose us?
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 2,500 employees company-wide, the Group’s cancer services include over 30 cancer centres, 3 large chemotherapy compounding facilities and over 50 pharmacies across Australia.
We are truly dedicated to providing genuine patient-centred care and what unites us is the community we have built. Icon’s future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development.
- Valued rewards program and staff benefits
- Career progression and the opportunity to gain hands-on experience
- Flexible working arrangements for a positive work/life balance
- Extensive research training and professional development opportunity
About the role:
Exciting brand new full-time 12-month contract for a Clinical Research Coordinator to join the very first private oncology research unit in Tasmania. This role will become permanent on successful set up of new trials program after 12 months. You will work with our oncology research team in Icon Cancer Centre Hobart.
This is a brand-new launch for Icon Research and the position will be responsible for research activities in the medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology fields. You will directly report to the Research Team Leader.
- Co-ordinate and conduct clinical research in a manner consistent with the Icon strategic vision and the achievement of Icon Group strategic goals
- Support the day-to-day management and coordination of workload associated with clinical research activity
- Liaise and support current and future investigators to ensure support and engagement of the Research portfolio
- Facilitate the attributable, legible, contemporaneous, original and accurate collection of source data
- Collect, process and dispatch samples and other materials required by clinical research protocols
- Assist in the streamlining of processes to ensure the highest quality and efficiency of research activity and trial management is performed
- Act as the main contact for Icon clinic staff for specific clinical trials and research projects
- To continually seek out ways to improve aspects of clinical research management
- To foster a culture of growth and professional development amongst staff.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual who can work autonomously to set up a new trials program. You will have the ability to manage your workload and develop strong relationships with patients, carers, nurses and other medical professionals. High attention to detail and the ability to work independently and within a team are key to succeeding.
- Relevant clinical experience is required
- Previous experience in coordination of clinical research OR an experienced nurse in medical oncology and/or haematology patient care
- Previous experience in oncology, radiation therapy and/or haematology is desirable
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining our team, please directly apply to the advertisement and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.