Why choose us?
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 2,500 employees company-wide, the Group’s cancer services include over 40 cancer centres, 3 large chemotherapy compounding facilities and over 60 pharmacies across Australia.
As a purpose-led organisation, we are committed to changing the dial on healthcare outcomes across Asia Pacific and beyond. Icon exists to deliver the best healthcare possible as close to home as possible for patients across the globe.
Our future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development. If you are looking for a rewarding role and to make a difference in the lives of cancer patients globally, this is the opportunity for you!
About Icon Research:
Icon offers Australia’s largest private cancer clinical trials program. We have over 120 clinical trials open for recruitment and over 650 patients currently on active trials across haematology, medical oncology and radiation oncology and conduct trials from phase I through to phase IV.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid parental leave
- Informative training and professional development
- Competitive salary package
- Access to some of the nation’s leading clinicians, physicists and radiation therapists
About the role:
Permanent full-time opportunity to join our collaborative research team based at the Icon Cancer Centre in Chermside. This is an amazing chance to work in a high-volume oncology and haematology clinical trial unit, along with gaining experience in emerging phase 1 oncology clinical trials and access to leading technology.
- Provide high level support to Icon Principal Investigators in the conduct and day to day management of clinical trials
- Manage and conduct the clinical trial portfolio including the trial coordination, recruitment, participant and team member education and communication
- Ensure that clinical research carried out within Icon is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice, the NHMRC National Statement and Icon policies
- Contribute to the financial management of the business unit to ensure that trial participants are tracked and patient payment data is submitted in a timely fashion
- Communicate effectively with trial participants to ensure that trial related procedures are booked appropriately and compliance to attendance for trial visits is maintained
- Actively attend meetings with internal and external stakeholders
We are seeking a driven individual who is eager to further expand their career and take ownership of all clinical trial matters. You will have high attention to detail and the ability to efficiently prioritise your workload. You will also have the ability to build strong working relationships with internal staff and key stakeholders, as well as a passion for mentorship, education and problem solving.
- Relevant clinical experience is required, nursing background is highly desirable
- Bachelors degree in relevant health sciences or allied health field
- Previous experience in oncology, radiation therapy and/or haematology is necessary
- Current driver’s licence
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining our team, please click ‘apply now’ and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.