Clinical Services Attendant / Patient Services Assistant – South Brisbane, QLD
- Support our Patients in Treatment and Keep our Clinic Treatment Ready
- Work side-by-side with a Friendly, Supportive, Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- Casual Role – Icon Cancer Centre, South Brisbane (Mater Precinct)
Learn more about the centre: https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/south-brisbane/
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the role:
We currently have a wonderful opportunity for someone with customer service experience to join our South Brisbane Icon Cancer Centre team in the role of Clinical Services Attendant. The overall purpose of this position is to support the Day Oncology Unit by ensuring our patients receive refreshments during their treatments, maintaining a clean and safe day hospital environment and providing basic support to the nursing and administration teams. In this role, you will report to our supportive Nursing Manager and will operate in a casual capacity, covering operational shift hours (Monday to Friday).
- Providing support to patients by ensuring their overall comfort during their admission and attending to their dietary needs.
- Assist the nursing team with non-clinical duties
- Assist the administration team with basic administrative support.
- Maintain a clean environment and action facility maintenance tasks as required.
- Maintain required stock levels.
- Utilising the purchase order system to maintain appropriate levels.
- Re-stocking clinical area.
Skills & Experience:
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Professional, efficient and friendly manner.
- Your ability to be a genuine team player willing to support your colleagues as required.
- Ability to communicate with patients in a friendly, compassionate and caring manner.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs.
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, dynamic work environment with career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. We love reading cover letters and hearing about why you would be a good fit with our awesome team, so feel free to attach one along with your resume.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.