Clinical Systems Support Specialist – Icon Group, South Brisbane (Head Office)
- Utilise your support specialist skillset to ensure the continuous functionality of our various clinical systems across our large oncology healthcare network
- Competitive REM package
- Join a rapidly expanding company with career advancement opportunities
- 12 month contract, full-time (Mon-Fri), flexibility options available (i.e. work schedule, remote/WFH)
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider and has expanded globally into Singapore, Mainland China, Hong Kong and New Zealand. The Group is built on a strong but simple vision – to deliver the best care possible, to as many people as possible, as close to home as possible.
We bring together all aspects of quality cancer care, including medical oncology, radiation oncology, haematology, pharmacy and chemotherapy compounding to deliver a true end-to-end seamless service for cancer patients internationally. This care is delivered by a strong, experienced and passionate multidisciplinary team with a common focus to deliver the best care possible.
About the role:
The Clinical Systems Support Specialist is responsible for providing specialist technical expertise and guidance within the Clinical Systems team; and professional advice to the Business, other Information Services teams and Management on the clinical (and associated) systems used across the Icon Group’s Cancer Care divisions globally.
The Clinical Systems Support Specialist is responsible for delivering and supporting a diverse range of environments including Varian Aria, HL7 and DICOM messaging, Intersystems IRIS, Elekta Mosaiq, Siemens Syngo and a variety of other associated technologies. The candidate would have a good working knowledge of Windows servers, virtualisation (predominately Azure and VMWare), delivery solutions like Citrix or other Virtual Desktop platforms.
The Primary Responsibilities of this role are:
- Support the deployment of new software and infrastructure
- Deal with customer enquiries, escalations, resolve issues and obtain customer feedbacks proactively
- Working with peers in the clinical systems team to develop increased knowledge of the systems, common support requirements and to ensure the reliability of the clinical systems environment.
- Support software upgrades and rollouts according to change management best practices
- Actively monitoring and responding to support tickets
- Ensuring support documentation is kept up to date in the Fresh support system
- Working collaboratively with the Physics teams for upgrades, new equipment, new technology as required, attempting to improve your ability to meet their clinical needs, through rudimentary knowledge of what is involved.
- Tertiary computing related qualification preferred
- Industry certifications related to core systems such as Microsoft technologies, Citrix, ITIL or Cloud computing certifications
- To demonstrate sufficient expertise, a minimum of 5 years commercial experience in the IT industry is likely, preferably obtained as a systems administrator or senior systems administrator in a clinical environment
- Understanding patient management and clinical workflows
- Able to support a variety of IT platforms and environments
- Familiarity with common project management methodologies
- Familiarisation with DICOM, HL7, XML messaging an advantage
- Experience with clinical information systems
- Familiarisation with the Varian ARIA Oncology Information System highly regarded
- Windows operating system experience
- Advanced knowledge of clinical systems management
- Strong understanding of technical issue resolution workflow and systems
- Be self-motivated and able to solve technical and business-related problems
- Focused on supporting the needs of patients i.e., IT’s customers’ customers
- Able to work autonomously and see jobs through to completion with minimal direct supervision
If you meet the above criteria and want to join a successful and supportive team, please apply below by clicking ‘Apply Now’.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.