About Slade Pharmacy:
Established over 50 years ago, Slade Pharmacy is a progressive and well-respected leader in the pharmacy industry. We integrate hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland.
Part of something bigger:
We are part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest and fastest growing integrated cancer care provider with an emerging presence in New Zealand, Singapore and China. Therefore, we follow and live by the same values of Innovate, Connect, On-Purpose, Energy and Nurture.
Why choose us?
We are truly dedicated to providing genuine patient-centred care and what unites us is the community we have built. Icon's future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development.
- Valued rewards program and staff benefits
- Informative training and induction provided
- Professional development program
- Paid parental leave
About the role:
Permanent full-time Compounding Technician position has become available onsite at the Epworth Hospital Richmond. This will be the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to broaden their knowledge and upskill in a specialised area within pharmacy.
You will be working as part of a dynamic team of enthusiastic Pharmacists and Technicians who will be sharing their expertise with you via a pre-programmed compounding training course. Your contracted hours will be Monday - Friday with an opportunity to pick up additional on-call shifts once fully trained.
- Ensuring smooth and cost effective delivery of all compounded products to the various customers serviced by Richmond Compounding
- Ensuring an appropriate turnaround time for compounded products
- Collaboratively conducting appropriate routine validation and microbial monitoring
- Actively participating in validations and continued education in compounding techniques
- Following and implementing good Suite hygiene procedures and promote good hygiene practices
- Ensuring compliance with storage conditions for materials, products and waste
- Order entry, dispensing and charging of compounded products for external clients
- Adhering to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) policies and procedures at all times
- Being attentive to the operational and customer service requirements of the business
We are seeking a dedicated individual who has a willingness to learn and the ability to work collaboratively. With previous experience working in either a hospital or community pharmacy, you will have developed high attention to detail and strong communication skills.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment, so the ability to prioritise your workload is key.
Compounding experience is not mandatory, training is provided.
How to apply?
Please directly apply to the advertisement and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.