Join the back-of-house administration team at Slade Pharmacy, located on the grounds of the highly regarded Epworth Hospital in Richmond.
Like to keep busy and juggle multiple tasks?
Our administration team sit behind the scenes and make magic happen by providing critical administrative support to our retail pharmacy on one hand, and our hospital pharmacy on the other hand. Combined, this means a consistent flow of queries and tasks come to you via phone and email. It's really busy work, and the pharmacies couldn't function as efficiently without our Customer Service Officers managing the workload as well as they do.
Here you will be an integral part of our fast-paced admin team. You will be the first point of contact for our external clinics and hospital colleagues and provide administrative support to our retail and hospital pharmacy management teams, patients and customers.
What does a day in this role look like?
- Answer a high volume of incoming calls through to the pharmacy switchboard and redirect them. Many calls are brief, but the volume is high.
- Monitor and maintain the pharmacy email inbox
- Liaise with doctors rooms and clinics for patient treatment
- Place orders for customers over the phone
- Book and arrange patient appointments
- Liaise directly with patients upon receipt of prescriptions
- File and archive documents and prescriptions
- Sort, pack and dispatch mail
- Prepare meeting agendas
- Assist with any ad-hoc pharmacy administration
Slade Pharmacy integrates hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across NSW, Victoria and Queensland. We have a strong track record of technological innovation and are a lead provider of medication management services.
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
A career with us brings you:
Purpose, at Pace
We know that working in healthcare, you’ll want to improve the quality of life for as many people as you can – and you’ll achieve that here. This is a busy role and there’s always plenty to do. Plenty! But we never lose sight of the importance of what we do, every single day.
Impact, at Scale
Through your attention to detail and ability to individualise customer service and care, you’ll help countless people in your local community and beyond. Working with us you’ll know that your contribution goes further - Icon Group delivers 2.5 million patient interactions, in 120 places, in 5 countries.
Connection, at Heart
You’ll be working alongside a dedicated team who are committed to outcomes. Training and support will be provided for you to succeed.
Opportunity, at Hand
We’re growing and evolving every day - so the sky really is the limit on where you can go with us. Whether it’s professional development, a promotion, or a move to a whole new area, there are so many chances to grow. Just put up your hand.
Put simply, At Icon. You Can.
Why choose us?
We are truly dedicated to providing genuine patient-centred care and what unites us is the community we have built. Icon's future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to
empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development.
- Paid parental leave
- Valued rewards program and staff benefits
- Informative training and induction process
- Professional development program
- A proactive, tech savvy administrator who is team-focussed with an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Confidence and resilience to keep moving forward and achieving great results, even when the workload is at a peak.
- Previous experience in reception and multi-faceted administration, with confidence using Word and Excel programs within the Office 365 suite,
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organisational skills,
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with healthcare professionals including pharmacists, and medical and nursing consultants in our customer clinics.
Directly apply to the advertisement and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.