About Epic Pharmacy:
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading speciality pharmacy providers. We deliver top quality medication management and pharmacy services to hospitals and their patients. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions for hospitals and oncology facilities.
Part of something bigger:
We are part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest and fastest growing integrated cancer care provider with an emerging presence in New Zealand, Singapore and China. Therefore, we follow and live by the same values of Innovate, Connect, On-Purpose, Energy and Nurture.
Why choose us?
We are truly dedicated to providing genuine patient-centred care and what unites us is the community we have built. Icon's future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Professional development program
- Paid parental leave
- Internal opportunities available to further develop your career
- Formal induction and training provided
About the role:
If you would like join a fun and welcoming pharmacy team from a variety of community and hospital backgrounds, where you will be stimulated and supported to expand your knowledge and enhance your impact in the care of our hospital patients, this role is for you!
You will collaborate with our dynamic team on a permanent full-time basis to deliver optimum patient centred pharmacy care across a wide breath of clinical areas including surgical, maternity, oncology, cardiac and rehabilitation. Based at the Newcastle Private Hospital, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a hospital environment while partnering with an expert team of local staff and doctors.
- Dispense and supply medication and pharmacy products
- Coordinate patient medication requirements for inpatient stay and discharge
- Prepare and supply medication profiles for discharge
- Support patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
- Educate and advise staff and customers on health promotion, disease prevention, drug selection and the proper use of medicines
We are looking for a passionate individual who has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You will have strong attention to detail and the ability to efficiently prioritise your workload.
- Current Pharmacist registration with AHPRA
- Previous experience working as a pharmacist in an Australian based community or hospital pharmacy
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Team player with a positive and friendly approach
How to apply?
Please directly apply to the advertisement and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.