- Community/retail pharmacists encouraged to apply
- Structured in-house training provided
- Option to work full-time or part-time
About Epic Pharmacy:
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading pharmacy providers. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions and pharmacy services for public and private hospitals and our Icon Cancer Centres across Australia.
Part of something bigger:
We are part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest and fastest growing integrated cancer care provider with an emerging presence in New Zealand, Singapore and China. With over 2,500 employees company-wide, Icon Group’s global footprint includes over 30 cancer centres, 3 specialist surgical centres, a health screening service, 3 chemotherapy compounding facilities, over 50 pharmacies and the largest private cancer clinical trials program in Australia.
Why choose us?
We are a purpose-led organisation and are committed to changing the dial on healthcare outcomes across Asia Pacific and beyond. Icon's future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development.
If you are looking for a rewarding role and to making a difference in the lives of patients, this is the opportunity for you!
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
About the role:
We have two 12-month contracts available, one on a full-time basis (5 days per week) and the other on a part-time basis (3 or more days per week). Join Epic Pharmacy at the Mater Hospital in Pimlico, where you will partner expert team of local staff and doctors to deliver optimum patient centred pharmacy services.
The pharmacy provides both inpatient and outpatient services. You will be an integral member of the multi-disciplinary team, providing expert clinical services to inpatients and hospital staff. Every day is different and you will be working in a supportive and collaborative environment with a team dedicated to providing the best possible care for their patients.
- Conduct medication chart reviews and medication reconciliation
- Dispense and supply medication and pharmacy products
- Coordinate patient medication requirements for inpatient stay, day infusions and discharge
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service to clients and patients
- Support patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
- Educate and advise staff and customers on health promotion, disease prevention, drug selection and the proper use of medicines
We are seeking an AHPRA registered pharmacist with experience working in an Australian based pharmacy. You will have high attention to detail, strong time management and high level interpersonal and communication skills.
We are considering community / retail pharmacists looking to take the next step in their career and join a well-established hospital pharmacy OR current 2021 intern pharmacists to finish their hours and become a registered pharmacist with us.
How to apply?
Please directly apply to the advertisement and attach your resume and cover letter to your application outlining your interest in the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.