Hospital Pharmacist | Slade Pharmacy - Currumbin | Part-time hours | Develop your career and support quality Mental Health Care
Join us at Slade Pharmacy to work within the existing Mental Health Pharmacy team located onsite at the Currumbin Clinic. Provide high quality dispensing and clinical pharmacy services alongside specialised allied health professionals. If you are looking for a rewarding role and want to make a difference in the lives of patients, this is the opportunity for you!
About the role:
This is an amazing opportunity to get your foot in the door of hospital pharmacy!
We are currently recruiting a permanent part-time pharmacist at our Slade Pharmacy in Currumbin. Working between 20-30 hours per week you will deliver optimum patient-centred pharmacy care and have the chance to gain hands-on clinical experience while partnering with an expert team of local staff and doctors to leave a positive impact on patient care.
Currumbin Clinic is a 104-bed facility offering specialist care in mental health. You will be working as part of a small pharmacy team and who work closely with the hospital staff. This is the perfect opportunity to gain some valuable experience working with a diverse group of practitioners and other health professionals in a hospital environment.
- Review and coordinate patient medication requirements for inpatient stay, discharge and day appointments
- Conduct medication histories, medication reconciliation and discharge summaries at transfer of care
- Be efficient and effective at dispensing and supplying medication to the hospital
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service
- Provide medication counselling and education to patients
- Contribute to training and education sessions for pharmacy and hospital staff
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about joining our team and delivering patient focused pharmacy services. Hospital experience is not required as training is provided.
- Hold current AHPRA pharmacist registration with previous experience in an Australian based pharmacy.
- Display time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Be flexible and adaptable working with a diverse team
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Possess attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously and multi-task
You’ve read this far, so you’re probably wondering who we are!
Who are we?
Slade Pharmacy integrates hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to private hospitals and the oncology sector across Queensland, NSW, and Victoria. We have a strong track record of technological innovation and are a lead provider of medication management services.
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
We are part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest and fastest growing integrated cancer care provider with an emerging presence in New Zealand, Singapore, and China. With over 2,500 employees company-wide, Icon Group’s global footprint includes over 30 cancer centres, 3 specialist surgical centres, a health screening service, 3 chemotherapy compounding facilities, over 50 pharmacies and the largest private cancer clinical trials program in Australia.
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.