About Slade Pharmacy:
Established over 50 years ago, Slade Pharmacy is a progressive and well-respected leader in the pharmacy industry. We integrate hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across NSW, Victoria and Queensland.
Part of something bigger:
We are part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest and fastest growing integrated cancer care provider with an emerging presence in New Zealand, Singapore and China. Therefore, we follow and live by the same values of Innovation, Connecting, Purpose, Energy and Nurture.
Why choose us?
We are truly dedicated to providing genuine patient-centred care and what unites us is the community we have built. Icon's future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development.
- Valued rewards program and staff benefits
- Supportive leadership team
- Training provided
- Varied and unique career development pathways
- Paid parental leave
About the role:
2 permanent part-time positions available at the Epworth Hospital in Box Hill. Both roles play a key component in delivering modern, patient-focused pharmacy services.
Work 29 hrs per fortnight and cover the following shifts: Monday 10am – 3:30pm, Wednesday 9am - 4pm and Friday 10am - 1pm. You will be required to travel to our pharmacy in Kew once a week. Key responsibilities include:
- Scan and ordering IVs from Baxter
- Unload and delivering of IVs from Baxter
- Scan and ordering general imprest
- Unpack and delivering of items ordered
- Liaise with nursing staff to ensure imprest levels are appropriate
- Mark off account payments
- Expiry date checking
Work 44 hrs per fortnight and cover the following shifts: Tuesday 10:30am – 7pm, Wednesday 9:30am - 5:30pm and Friday 10:30 - 7pm. Key responsibilities include:
- Dispense inpatient, outpatient and discharge medications
- Prepare medication profiles
- Assist with ordering and putting away pharmacy stock
- Deliver medication rounds to the wards and chemotherapy to day oncology
- Assist with preparation of PBS claim
- Assist with receipting invoices
- Scan and replenish stock for dialysis unit
- Serve patients at the front counter
You will have high attention to detail and have developed the ability to provide quality customer service. As an active and dependable team player, you will have the ability to multi-task and efficiently prioritise your workload.
Pharmacy experience is required to be a successful applicant for Pharmacy Technician. No pharmacy experience is required for the Imprest Technician.
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining our team, please directly apply to the advertisement and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.