- Permanent full-time Dispensary Technician, Slade Pharmacy Victoria Parade, East Melbourne
- Be an integral part of a close supportive team
- Diversify your pharmacy career with exposure to hospital services and compounding
- Growing company with great employee benefits
We are looking for a dynamic full-time Dispensary Technician to join our supportive and collaborative team located at Epworth Freemasons Hospital, Victoria Parade, East Melbourne.
Working alongside our Pharmacist-in-Charge, you will be an integral part of our team delivering exceptional patient care dedicated to maternity, IVF and day procedures. Have great opportunity to build your skill and close relationships with our patients within our smaller personalised Pharmacy team and Hospital. You will have training and close support throughout your exciting journey.
Our Victoria Parade Pharmacy, with our beautiful front-of shop open to the public, is also a short tram ride away from many of our inner city attractions!
In this role, you’ll:
- Receive, dispense and supply medications for hospital inpatients and outpatients
- Assist in processing and maintaining imprest levels, and managing hospital ward stock
- Reconcile and manage prescriptions and patient medication discharge profiles
- Provide support to patients, carers and hospital staff
- Assist with retail ordering and reconciliation
- Assist with S2/S3 sales
- Process PBS claims and assist in producing medication profiles to hospital patients on discharge
- Confidently complete administrative and record keeping duties
- Assist with patient account enquiries
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about joining our team and delivering modern, patient-focused pharmacy services.
- Be driven to positively impact the health of our patients
- Love to build relationships, with personalised service
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Be proficient in using FRED dispense
- Have knowledge of the PBS
- Have strong customer service skills
- Be adaptable with the ability to prioritise your workload
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Previous experience dispensing medication
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Knowledge of S2/S3 medications
Slade Pharmacy integrates hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across NSW, Victoria and Queensland. We have a strong track record of technological innovation and are a lead provider of medication management services.
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to discounted staff parking
- Opportunity for obtaining a Hospital Dispensary Technician Certificate
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join Slade Pharmacy, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.