About Icon Group:
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6-day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one umbrella. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon Group is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to all communities across the group. Given the size of Icon Group, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic senior nurse leader to join our innovative and dynamic team at Icon Group’s Head Office in Brisbane. This is a full time (76hrs/fn) role reporting to the Group Director of Nursing. Whilst the position will report into the Icon Group’s Head Office in Brisbane, candidates from all locations within Australia are welcome to apply.
This role will be responsible for ensuring a nursing clinical service and standards of practice framework that promotes efficient, consistent, safe service delivery and supports continuous improvement to deliver a great experience for our patients and their families regardless of where they live.
This innovative role provides an exciting opportunity to be part of a leadership team that inspires and leads the nursing workforce of an organisation committed to providing superior health outcomes for patients.
- Lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of nursing models of care and inform areas for improvement
- Contribute to the nursing leadership team in ensuring excellence in clinical service and efficient, effective service provision
- Provide mentoring for relevant nursing leads
- Participate in the review of relevant policies, practice, and procedures across the group to ensure they reflect best practice and the integration of Icon Group’s mission and values
- Manage and actively participate in risk management and continuous quality improvement activities to ensure national standard requirements are met and maintained
- Work with the nursing leadership team to develop and implement strategies to attract and retain a suitable and stable workforce and to promote Icon Group as an employer of choice for nurses
- Monitor and act on measures of customer satisfaction and actively seek to meet the needs of internal/external customers
- Represent the nursing leadership group on committees as required/appropriate
To ensure our team promotes exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors; we are seeking candidates who consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and in addition, flexibility and a 'can-do' attitude.
We are looking for someone who is highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Qualifications and experience
- Current AHPRA nursing registration
- Master qualification relevant to position/or working towards same
- Member of relevant professional bodies (e.g. CNSA/COSA/ISNCC)
- Commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care
- Experience in leading and managing a healthcare team
- Proven effective communication and interpersonal skills at an advanced level
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. A cover letter and resume must be attached.
Applications Close: Wednesday 2nd June
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.