Legal Assistant / Secretary (Part-Time) – Icon Group, South Brisbane, QLD, 4101
Key Points – The Opportunity
- Legal Assistant Role to Busy General Counsel in a Small In-House Legal Team
- Excellent Hourly Rate + Shift Time/Day Flexibility
- Permanent Part-Time Position, up to 20 Hours Per Week (Over 3 Days)
- Attractive Location with Close Access to Transport, Shops & Cafes – Icon Group Head Office, 22 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane QLD
This is an opportunity to join an international community that truly holds human connections close to heart. We work with purpose at a fast pace, and we genuinely appreciate that all contributions make an impact. Our work is always important and not always easy, and we know the secret ingredient is our incredible, supportive people.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider and has expanded globally into Singapore, Mainland China, Hong Kong and New Zealand. The Group is built on a strong but simple vision – to deliver the best care possible, to as many people as possible, as close to home as possible.
We bring together all aspects of quality cancer care, including medical oncology, radiation oncology, haematology, pharmacy and chemotherapy compounding to deliver a true end-to-end seamless service for cancer patients internationally. This care is delivered by a strong, experienced and passionate multidisciplinary team with a common focus to deliver the best care possible.
About the Role:
The primary focus of this role is to provide professional secretarial, administrative and some paralegal support to the in-house legal team. Based at our head office in South Brisbane, this role is permanent part-time working 20 hours per week across 3 weekdays.
- Responsible for administration management of in-house division.
- Legal and document file management within the legal team (Digital & Paper).
- Initiating and replying to correspondence on routine matters.
- Drafting letters and template documents.
- Transcribing (Dictaphone).
- Managing libraries, databases and spreadsheets within the legal division.
- Adhoc paralegal tasks such as completing details in template documents or cross checking accuracy of details.
- General department administration (taking phone calls, responding to various types of enquiry correspondence, organising travel arrangements).
- Liaising with and building relationships with other internal divisions.
- Expense claim management.
- General support as required by legal counsel.
Skills & experience:
- Very high attention to detail.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality.
- High proficiency with Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Excellent file and records management skills (Digital & Paper).
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Transcribing skills/experience.
- Pro-active ability to research, problem solve and work autonomously.
- Courteous and professional demeanour.
- Ability to be flexible with shift times based on projects/workload (occasional).
- Demonstrable employment history performing legal secretarial and/or law clerk tasks in an autonomous environment.
- Familiarity with legal documents and terminology.
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt, and have the skills and desire to be a key member of a small team within a global company making a difference, then we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
We welcome and value applicants from all diversities.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. We love reading cover letters, so feel free to attach one along with your Resume/CV.