Administration Officer – Icon Cancer Centre Windsor Gardens
This is an opportunity to join a community that truly holds human connections close to heart. We work with purpose at a fast pace, and we genuinely appreciate that all contributions make an impact. Our work is always important and not always easy, and we know the secret ingredient is our incredible, supportive people.
- Fast Paced Medical Administration Role within a Large, Friendly and Supportive Team
- Permanent Part -Time Position, Monday to Friday
- Competitive Remuneration, Development & Progression Opportunities
- Make a Real Difference at our Comprehensive Cancer Care Centre – Windsor Gardens, Adelaide
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We have an opportunity for an Administration Officer to join our team located at Icon Cancer Centre, Windsor Gardens. This is a permanent position working 6 full days per fortnight, between the hours of 8am and 6.30pm, Monday - Friday.
The overall purpose of this position is to provide efficient, effective and responsive administration services; ensuring delivery of exceptional standards to customer service for patients, Visiting Medical Officers, Nurses and all other internal and external Contacts. This position will report to the Administration Manager and will see you caring for patients across medical oncology and radiation oncology to ensure the delivery of exceptional personalised cancer care
- Welcoming patients, collecting and entering personal details
- Scheduling appointments
- Triage referrals to Radiation & Medical Oncologists
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries
- Entering and processing patient billing and balancing daily banking
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients
- Maintaining and managing patient information
- Modelling and promoting Icon’s vision and values
To ensure our centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors; we are seeking candidates who not only meet the technical criteria of the role, but who also consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and in addition, possess a flexible and a 'can-do' attitude. If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about providing exceptional patient care, we want to hear from you.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Skills & Experience:
- 2 years’ customer service experience, preferably in medical reception and/or hospital inpatient services.
- Preferred experience with Medicare, DVA and Private Health billing
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a team environment and plan, coordinate and organise workloads to achieve quality patient service outcomes in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication and collaborative problem solving skills when managing difficult and sensitive issues with team members, patient and their families, VMO’s and other customers.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to establish successful customer relationships with team members, patients, doctors and other customers by ensuing needs and expectations are understood and managed in a timely and effective manger thereby enhancing clinics services.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of resilience and emotional intelligence while working in a demanding and stressful environment. Ability to establish successful relationships with team members, patients, doctors and other customers by ensuring needs and expectations are understood and managed in a timely and effective manner thereby enhancing clinical services.
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.