Medical Physicist – Icon Cancer Centres Cairns
- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Friendly and dynamic team environment
- Advance your career with one of Australia’s fastest-growing radiation oncology provider
- Opportunity to join our growing national organization providing exceptional patient care.
About the Role:
An exciting and unique opportunity exists for a Radiation Oncology Medical Physicist to join the medical physics services at our Icon Cancer Centre in Cairns, Northern Queensland.
Equipment in Cairns includes two beam matched C-series Varian machines with OBI/CBCT imaging, RPM gating and networked Eclipse Treatment Planning System operating in a paperless environment utilising Aria. Treatment services include cranial and extracranial stereotactic radiotherapy, as well as standard techniques including DIBH Breast, and VMAT/IMRT. 2021 is going to be an exciting year in Cairns with the addition of our new private centre (to include a Siemens CT scanner with motion management, and a Varian Halcyon linear accelerator) as well as the commencement of the linear accelerator replacement program for the two C series Varian machines. The successful applicant will be expected to play an integral role in the commissioning projects and implementation of these technologies into practise.
The Medical Physicist will assist Site Senior Medical Physicist in providing medical physics support services to the radiotherapy practices operated by Icon Cancer Centre and will work across both our existing Cairns facility and the new centre being constructed. This is a full-time permanent role that reports to the National Director of Medical Physics.
A generous salary and Professional Development package is available, in addition to a relocation package (if deemed suitable). Opportunities for additional training such as vendor and professional courses may also exist.
About the person we are going to hire:
The successful applicant will be highly motivated with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. You will be required to take on an integral role in the operational management of day-to-day physics activities at Icon Cairns. You will also be involved in the development and implementation of new technologies. A demonstrated ability to perform in a strong multi-disciplinary environment is essential.
- Eligible for listing on the ACPSEM register of qualified medical physics specialists in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- Experience with stereotactic treatments, along with Varian equipment
- Ability to perform routine physics tasks including but not limited to routine equipment quality assurance, patient specific quality assurance (e.g. IMRT/VMAT) and treatment planning support
- Evidence of contributing to/participating in in-house research and development projects
- Proven ability to work independently to a high level of scientific achievement
- Demonstrated high levels of communication and interpersonal skills in a multidisciplinary team
- Capable of self-directed work and possessing excellent problem solving skills.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 800 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
For more information, please contact Anthony Walsh (Regional Medical Physics Lead) Anthony.firstname.lastname@example.org, or Rick Sims (Site Senior Medical Physicist) email@example.com.
Applications close Friday 30 April 2021.
To apply for this opportunity please complete the on-line application using the “Apply” button
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.