Medical Physicist – Icon Cancer Centre – Norwest, NSW
- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Friendly and dynamic team environment
- Advance your career with one of Australia’s fastest-growing radiation oncology providers
- Generous salary
- Medical physicists with internationally recognised qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Opportunity to join our growing national organization providing exceptional patient care.
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity exists for a Radiation Oncology Medical Physicist to be a part of our medical physics team within New South Wales. This role will primarily be based at Icon Cancer Centres Norwest and Wahroonga, and will be supported by the wider medical physics team in the region.
Equipment at Norwest will include a beam matched Varian TrueBeam linac and Eclipse Treatment Planning System operating in a paperless environment utilising our networked Aria oncology management system. Treatment services will include cranial and extracranial stereotactic radiotherapy utilising Varian advanced motion management package, as well as standard techniques including DIBH Breast, and VMAT/IMRT. A full suite of Physics QA equipment is also available on-site and our national Medical Physics team operates utilising online collaborative workspaces such as Microsoft Teams and SharePoint.
The appointed medical physicist will assist the Regional Medical Physics Manager and National Director of Medical Physics in providing medical physics support services to the radiotherapy practices operated by Icon Cancer Centres. This may also include travel to other Icon departments across our network.
This is a full-time permanent role that will report to the Regional Medical Physics Manager. The successful applicants may also be required to manage and maintain a key area of responsibility within the national Icon medical physics group.
A generous Salary and Professional Development package is available, as well as a one-off relocation package (if deemed suitable).
About the person we are going to hire:
The successful applicants will be highly motivated with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. They will be required to take on an integral role in the operational management of day-to-day physics activities and may be expected to offer occasional assistance across all current and upcoming radiotherapy centres across our network. They will also be involved in the development and implementation of new technologies. A demonstrated ability to perform in a strong multi-disciplinary environment is essential.
- Eligible for listing on the ACPSEM register of qualified medical physics specialists in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics. Please note, accredited physicists from the UK, USA or Canada are encouraged to apply. Icon has an active program to facilitate overseas accredited physicists gaining entry to the ACPSEM register.
- Ability to perform routine physics tasks including but not limited to routine equipment quality assurance, patient specific quality assurance (e.g. IMRT/VMAT) and treatment planning support
- Proven ability to work independently to a high level of scientific achievement.
- Demonstrated high levels of communication and interpersonal skills in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in managing the implementation of specialty equipment or programs.
- Capable of self-directed work and possessing excellent problem-solving skills.
- Evidence of contributing to/participating in in-house research and development projects.
- Experience with stereotactic treatments, preferably using Varian equipment.
- Three or more clinical years experience as a qualified medical physicist in an advanced radiotherapy department.
- Experience in leading teams and managing resources.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care
For more information, please contact Nick Collett (Regional Medical Physics Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org, or Trent Aland (National Director of Medical Physics) email@example.com.
*Applications close COB 28th January 2022*
To apply for this opportunity please complete the on-line application using the “Apply” button
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.