Medical Secretary to the Director of Haematology– South Brisbane, QLD
- Opportunity to Work with Leaders in Cancer Care
- Be Part of a Caring Professional and Friendly Team
- Full-Time Permanent Position – South Brisbane QLD Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for a Medical Secretary to join our South Brisbane team (working at the Mater precinct). The overall purpose of this position is to provide secretarial and reception support to medical practitioners and day hospital; and provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers. This role reports to the Administration Manager and operates in a full-time permanent capacity between the hours of 6.30am and 7.00pm
- Patient admission and discharge procedures
- Administration & billing duties
- Customer service
- Support the VMO’s practice
- Quality and risk management
- Workplace Health & Safety
About the person we’re going to hire:
We are looking for an experienced Medical Secretary with outstanding customer service to join our team. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Professional, efficient and friendly manner both over-the-phone and face-to-face
- Outstanding team member qualities including willing to support your colleagues through your flexibility as required
- Ability to work efficiently with attention to detail
- Advanced skills in use of Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook and Word
- Demonstrated ability to provide timely, polite and professional receptionist, secretarial and administration services in a way consistent with Icon’s Mission & Values
- Completion of Medical Receptionist Course or equivalent industry experience
- 3 years relevant professional medical / clinical secretarial experience including use of electronic practice management systems
- High level of verbal communication skills shown in effectively dealing with difficult and sensitive issues
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and successful development of sound long term relationships with external and internal customers.
- Experience with health fund billing and eclipse billing and rules
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. A cover letter and resume must be attached.