Medical Secretary – Icon Cancer Centre, South Brisbane, QLD
This is an opportunity to join a community that truly holds human connections close to heart. We work with purpose at a fast pace, and we genuinely appreciate that all contributions make an impact. Our work is always important and not always easy, and we know the secret ingredient is our incredible, supportive people.
- Fast Paced Medical Secretary Role within a Friendly and Supportive Team
- Attractive Hourly Rate
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Great Location Close to Public Transport, Cafes and Restaurants, Mater Precinct, South Brisbane, QLD
About the Role:
We have an opportunity for a Medical Secretary to join the team in South Brisbane. The overall purpose of this position is to provide high quality patient care and be the first point of call for Icon Cancer Centre clients. Reporting to the Administration Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of administrative services providing exceptional customer service to all patients, their carers', other external clients as well as your colleagues. This is a permanent full time position.
- Welcoming patients, collecting and entering personal details.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries.
- Entering and processing patient billing (Private Health and Medicare).
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients.
- Maintaining and managing patient information.
- Supporting Icon's WHS Officers and committees to effectively carry out their responsibilities.
- Modelling and promoting Icon's vision and values.
We are looking for an experienced Medical Secretary with outstanding customer service to join our team. We are looking for someone who is proactive, personable and enthusiastic about the role. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role in Day Oncology/Haematology desirable.
- Experience with Medicare, DVA and Private Health Insurance.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate with clarity both verbally (face-to-face and telephone) and written.
- Ability to use computer systems – competence required in Word and Excel.
- Delivery of excellent client service (to internal and/or external clients).
- Possessing basic knowledge of medical terminology.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide opportunities within an ideal environment to develop your experience and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. We love reading cover letters, so feel free to attach one along with your Resume/CV.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.