Medical Secretary Reliever – Auchenflower (The Wesley Medical Centre), QLD
- Dynamic Role - Exposure to Multiple Aspects of Medical Administration
- Friendly and Supportive Team Environment
- Part-Time Opportunity (32hours/fortnight) – Auchenflower, QLD Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for a Medical Secretary Reliever to join our day hospital located in Auchenflower within the Wesley Medical Centre. The overall purpose of this position is to provide secretarial and reception support to the medical service division. This role reports to the Administration Manager and will work 32 hours/fortnight, working Monday - Friday (within the hours of 6.00am and 9.00pm).
- Patient admission and discharge procedures
- Administration & billing duties
- Customer service
- Support the VMO's practice
- Quality and risk management
- Workplace Health & Safety
About the person we're going to hire:
We are looking for an experienced Medical Secretary with outstanding customer service to join our team as a Medical Secretary Reliever. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Professional, efficient and friendly manner both over-the-phone and face-to-face
- Outstanding team member qualities including willing to support your colleagues through your flexibility as required
- Ability to work efficiently with attention to detail
- Proficient use of IT software including Microsoft Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to provide timely, polite and professional receptionist, secretarial and administration services in a way consistent with Icon's Mission & Values
- Completion of Medical Receptionist Course or equivalent industry experience
- 3 years relevant professional medical / clinical secretarial experience including use of electronic practice management systems
- High level of verbal communication skills shown in effectively dealing with difficult and sensitive issues
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and successful development of sound long term relationships with external and internal customers.
- Experience with health fund billing and eclipse billing
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast paced environment and are passionate about providing quality patient care, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique exposure to cutting edge treatments and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below a covering letter and resume must be attached.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.