- Join an Interesting and Dynamic Company
- Supportive and Collaborative Team Environment
- Permanent Part-Time or Full-Time Role (minimum 60 – maximum 76 hours/fortnight) South Brisbane, QLD Location with flexible work arrangements
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to delivering the best care possible, to as many people as possible, as close to home as possible. This is an opportunity to work with an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for a Medical Typist to join our medical typing team in South Brisbane. The overall purpose of this position is to provide exceptional medical typing support to a group of our Visiting Medical Officers from various Icon locations across Queensland.
This role is offered on a part-time (minimum 60 hours/fortnight) or full-time (76 hours per fortnight) basis within our service delivery hours (Monday to Friday between the hours of 8AM and 6PM) on a rostered basis.
Working within a supportive and dynamic team you will undertake the following key responsibilities:
- Accurate typing of urgent and routine medical correspondence, including letters and reports
- Liaison with VMOs and secretaries to ensure timely review, correction, approval, and release of medical correspondence to intended recipients
- Sharing responsibility for the management of telephone requests from VMOs and other staff
- Preparation of the after-hours and on-call doctors lists
- Competent use of IT systems, and undertaking training in the use of new technology
- Communicating effectively and professionally with team members, internal and external customers at all times
In return you will be offered competitive remuneration and employment conditions, a staff recognition program, learning support and the opportunity to be part of a friendly and dynamic team environment.
About the person we're going to hire:
We are looking for an experienced and highly skilled Medical Typist who will enjoy contributing to the success of our Medical Typing team.
Skills and Experience:
To join our team, you should meet the following requirements:
- Competent Medical Typist (minimum 70 wpm & >95% accuracy) with previous experience in a Specialist Medical Practice
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently without close supervision
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, efficient, and friendly manner, both over-the-phone and face-to-face
- Outstanding team member qualities including willingness to support your colleagues through teamwork and flexibility
- Proficient in the use of computer hardware, Windows based and medical practice software packages
- Demonstrated experience in Oncology/Haematology medical typing
- Medical Terminology qualification
- A minimum of 3 years in a medical typing role
- Previous administrative experience
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.