Nurse Manager – Icon Cancer Centre Richmond
- Work with Leaders In Cancer Care
- Permanent Full-Time, Monday to Friday – Richmond and East Melbourne, VIC
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide opportunities within an ideal environment to develop your experience, and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Nurse Manager to work across our Richmond (within the Epworth Centre) and East Melbourne (within Epworth Freemasons) locations. We offer a number of cancer services across these sites including Stereotactic Radiation Therapy, Brachytherapy, GP-led Skin Cancer Surveillance, Minor Procedures, and Superficial Radiation Therapy. The primary purpose of this position is to lead the on-site nursing teams; provide high-level clinical direction and guidance; and manage resources effectively to ensure the provision of the highest standard of care to our patients. This role will report to the Site Manager on site and will function in a full-time capacity, working 76 hours per fortnight on a Monday to Friday roster.
- Ensure nursing practice is compliant with regulatory requirements
- Work with the Site Manager to continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience
- Manage the processes of recruiting, retaining and developing staff
- Manage Nursing inventory and consumables appropriately
- Contribute expert advice and share contemporary nursing knowledge and professional standards
- Effectively manage resources and optimise workflow management processes
- Effectively liaise with and manage external hospital stakeholder relationships
About the person we’re going to hire:
We are seeking a Nurse Manager with experience leading teams who is looking for a fresh challenge to support a large, well-established radiation oncology service. We are looking for candidates who are proactive, personable and enthusiastic about the role as well as putting patients first. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Hold current registration with AHPRA
- Post graduate nursing/management degree (or working towards) would be well regarded, but not mandatory
- Have demonstrated leadership experience in a nursing environment
- Have recent experience in radiation oncology nursing, ideally in an outpatient and inpatient environment
- Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care
- Have a good understanding of the service delivery model within the private healthcare sector
- Demonstrate the capacity to work effectively and positively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of high quality patient care and service
- Adhere to protocols and procedures
- Apply effective communication and interpersonal skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. A letter and resume must also be attached.