Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 2500 employees company-wide, the Group’s cancer services include 30 cancer centres, 3 large chemotherapy compounding facilities and over 50 pharmacies across Australia. Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia.
What we offer:
We are a values-driven organisation and our leaders are strong believers in empowering people. We are professionals at what we do but still embrace a fun and collaborative culture, always celebrating our achievements and milestones. We also offer the following:
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Varied and unique career development opportunities
- Formal induction and training provided
- Paid parental leave
About the role:
Permanent full-time opportunity to join our Icon Pharmacy team at the Icon Cancer Centre in Chermside. This is an exciting chance to develop your skills within oncology while partnering with an expert team to deliver the highest level of pharmacy services to our oncology patients.
- Coordinate and organise the supply of chemotherapy for the day oncology unit patients within our clinics
- Monitor and coordinate for chemotherapy items on-hold
- Perform medication chart reviews and medication reconciliation
- Record clinical interventions
- Educate and counsel staff, patients and allied health professionals
- Participate in clinical trial activities
- Dispense and supply medication and pharmacy products\
- Participate in clinical screening of chemotherapy orders on a rotational basis
As a compassionate Registered Pharmacist, you will have developed high attention to details and the ability to prioritise your own workload. You will also have the ability to work autonomously and within a team. Previous experience in oncology is desirable, however, not mandatory.
Are you a passionate Pharmacist looking for a change and want to add value to patient care? This is the role for you.
Please click 'Apply Now' and attach your resume and cover letter to your application explaining your interest in the role.