At Icon. You Can.
We are looking for a full-time, (12-month contract) Pharmacy Technician to join us at Epic Pharmacy based at the highly regarded Hollywood Private Hospital, you’ll make a daily difference to the lives of people in the local community. You’ll deliver exceptional pharmacy services for our client hospitals and their patients. And you’ll do it with an innovative, multidisciplinary team of connected, caring people.
This is an amazing opportunity to further develop your dispensing career and gain experience in oncology through the support and training of our collaborative team. You will be based onsite at the Hollywood Private Hospital in Nedlands.
In this role, you’ll:
- Receive, dispense and supply medications for hospital patients and outpatients
- Assist in the preparation and compounding of aseptic cytotoxic products and non-hazardous patient prescriptions, including the sterile cleaning process
- Coordinate the safe, accurate and timely supply of all medications and aseptic products
- Imprest and pharmacy inventory management
- Keep accurate records of continuing and existing treatments and organise confirmation of future orders
- Complete data entry of patient specific information into (chemotherapy-scheduling) database
- Liaise with hospital staff and associated employees
- Assist with the management of PBS claim and owing prescriptions
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading specialty pharmacy providers. We deliver top quality medication management and pharmacy services to hospitals and their patients. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions for hospitals and oncology facilities. We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
A career with us brings you:
Purpose, at Pace
We know that as a Pharmacy Technician, you’ll want to improve the quality of life for as many people as you can – and you’ll achieve that here. This can be a busy role and there’s always plenty to do. But we never lose sight of the importance of what we do, every single day.
Impact, at Scale
Through your attention to detail and ability to individualise customer service and care, you’ll help countless people in your local community and beyond. Working with us you’ll know that your contribution goes further - Icon Group delivers 2.5 million patient interactions, in 120 places, in 5 countries.
Connection, at Heart
You’ll be working alongside a dedicated team who are committed to outcomes. Structured training and support will be provided for you to succeed.
Opportunity, at Hand
We’re growing and evolving every day - so the sky really is the limit on where you can go with us. Whether it’s professional development, a promotion, or a move to a whole new area, there are so many chances to grow. Just put up your hand.
Put simply, At Icon. You Can.
Who are we looking for?
- Be driven by the desire to have a positive impact on another person’s life
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Have knowledge of the PBS
- Have strong customer service skills being sensitive to patients needs with confidentiality, sensitivity and professionalism
- Be adaptable with the ability to prioritise your workload
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Minimum 2 years of dispensing experience in an Australian based hospital or community pharmacy
- Dispensary Technician Certificate or equivalent as recognised by the Pharmacy Board of Australia
- Experience in aseptic and cytotoxic compounding is highly desirable
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join Epic Pharmacy, and what makes you a great fit for the role.