Registered Nurse – Icon Cancer Centre Mackay, QLD
- Career Development Opportunities
- Friendly and Dynamic Multidisciplinary Team Environment
- Permanent Part-Time Position – Mackay, QLD Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We have an opportunity for Registered Nurses to join our Mackay medical oncology day unit on a permanent part-time basis, This role will report to the Nurse Manager and will see you caring for patients across medical oncology and eventually Radiation Oncology to ensure the delivery of exceptional personalised cancer care.
If you are highly enthusiastic and passionate about providing quality patient care, we want to hear from you.
In return we offer:
- Competitive remuneration and employment conditions
- Work life balance – Mon-Fri 7:30am to 5:30pm No weekends.
- Career development opportunities
- Ongoing professional development & training
- Internal rewards & recognition program
About the people we're going to hire:
To enable our Mackay Cancer Centre to provide patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors an exceptional experience, we are seeking candidates who will understand and enthusiastically look forward to the requirement to be trained to support across both medical oncology and radiation oncology. We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse with a passion and drive to learn.
Skills & Experience:
- Flexibility to work across the week (Mon-Fri) required to cover Nurse absences and busy periods.
- Current AHPRA nursing registration.
- Minimum of 2 years acute nursing experience.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work successfully within a team structure.
- Patient centric approach to nursing.
- Computer skills.
- Experience in oncology or high acuity nursing.
- Radiation experience.
- Chemotherapy competent.
- Cannulation and central venous access device skills.
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below a covering letter and resume must be attached.